Logic Pro 9 64 bit mode problem

rainguitar

Logician
I've been using Logic Pro 9 in 32 bit mode for the simple reason that my older iMac (2008) only comes with 4 gigs of ram. I'm getting a new computer with more ram so now I want to run it in 64 bit mode. (I also may upgrade to Logic Pro X which only uses 64 bit plugs.) So, in preparation, I booted up Logic 9 in 64 bit mode for the first time and it rescanned by 3rd-party plugins. Among these are the Uhbik plugins from u-he which are, apparently both 32 and 64 bit plugins. However 64 bit mode sees them only as 32 bit plugins. I'm assuming that this has something to do with some Audio Units Manager preferences cache originally created when I was running in 32 bit mode, but in 64 bit mode they don't even appear in the Audio Units Manager Window so I can attempt a rescan them. I've recently made the jump from 10.6.8 to 10.8.4 and I'm finding that things are arranged differently. I can't find the Audio Units Manager Preferences Cache. Can anyone help me out here?

Actually 64-bit mode also makes sense on a machine with only 4GB of memory: you avoid hard crashes if the machine runs out of address space! Instead of crashing, the machine will be slower, you probably have audio dropouts - but at least you can still save!

Upvote 0
Well, I've just ordered a MacBook Pro with a lot more ram and and quad core processor so I'll be going 64 bit anyway. On my old machine 7 instances of anything CPU intensive could bring it down. Used the freeze function a lot. Now I should be fine.

Upvote 0
Back