Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accidentally cut audio - CANNOT RESTORE

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by c0lm23, Jan 9, 2014.

1. c0lm23

c0lm23 New Member

I was trying to trim to empty measures from the beginning of the song (which had automation data I could not delete for some reason) and I accidentally hit Cut (ctrl x) instead of Cut/Insert Time, which I was instructed to do so from a help forum. This caused a small section of audio to be cut from an audio track I had imported (the actual track was not in the arrangement, but it existed within the EXS24 sampler I had used to chop the track).

There was a message that popped up that said this action cannot be undone, followed by more text which I unwisely did not read as I had assumed that the Cut action would cut the empty bars.

I tried completely reimporting the audio file from my iTunes (which is completely in tact, the section I had cut was still in there obviously) into the arrangement, yet when played in the arrangement within Logic, somehow the piece I had cut was not there.

To confuse me even more, when I attempted to paste the section in a random track in an effort to recover it, I pasted the last section I had cut prior to this unwanted cut, indicating to me that I did not cut anything from the arrangement itself, but rather some other source??

Any help on how to either restore what I had cut or how to import the audio file without the cut section would be greatly appreciated.