Logic Studio apps And another thing.. Playback plug in.

Robert Wilson

Logician
Another issue that's still bugging me:

In order for UB patterns to play in sync with my backing tracks, which are all .CAF files, some need to have 'SYNC' switched on, others need it off. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to this weirdness either.

Not a show stopper as it's immediately obvious if it doesn't work and flicking the switch has always solved the problem (so far!) but it's yet another thing about MS that's annoying.

not sure I get what you are talking about.. sync on = flextime on.. so if you want the file to conform to tempo, this is the easiest way to get it... are you saying this doesn't work correctly?

Its been very good for me (knock on wood). I believe I'm using .wav files.

not sure I get what you are talking about.. sync on = flextime on.. so if you want the file to conform to tempo, this is the easiest way to get it... are you saying this doesn't work correctly?

Its been very good for me (knock on wood). I believe I'm using .wav files.

Yes - it's working as advertised with some files but seems to have a bug with others.

I use .CAF files in all instances.

As I said, not a showstopper, just an irritant.

Thanks for the reply again, though. :thmbup:

What is not working?

As I said, it's not really that anything in particular won't work, it just seems to be a bit buggy and (superficially at least) random. I can get MS to do most of what I want but it doesn't work the same way for every backing track, despite the fact that they are all, without exception, created from Logic as .CAF files.

One example is the one I describe at the beginning of the thread but here's another, which I'm pretty sure I was on here whinging about over a year ago but the weirdness persists:

1) I encode a backing track from Logic as a .CAF file, with a tempo of exactly 100 bpm.
2) I import it into MS Playback plug in and click SYNC to 'On' - the tempo displays as 99.9 bpm. Seems to play OK.
3) I import another backing track to a new patch, this time 126 bpm.
4) SYNC 'On' has the tempo at 126 bpm but it doesn't play in time with UB.
5) Click SYNC to 'Off' and manually set tempo to 126 bpm - now it plays in time.

The above occurs repeatedly in the same concert.

Still works fine but is initially confusing and frustrating and doesn't inspire confidence.

Back