Logic Pro 9 Anyone use Mixbuss?

bryannew

Logician
Hi,

Recently discovered Harrison Mixbuss and have been experimenting using it as a final "in the box" polish to mixes - and liking it. They provide an internal audio router that allows you to send audio out/in from Logic. Having finally figured out how to route back and forth between Mixbuss and Logic, I decided that I will send the mix back to Logic to print the final version (to keep it aligned with my original session). What I can't figure out is how to monitor the returning signal from Mixbuss and not add it to the audio I am already sending to Mixbuss - (sorry if this is confusing).
I typically use the Apollo interface console app to monitor (which does not apply when using the internal routing) and don't normally listen through Logic.

Any ideas? Thanks, Bryan New

(sorry if this is confusing)
Ah ... yes ... this was confusing :)

But before we talk about routing via Jack (which confuses me a lot), maybe you find it easier to export or bounce your tracks, import them in Mixbus, make the summing and bounce again or send it over to Logic when you are ready. I believe this is how Mixbus originally is supposed to work. It's a virtual console.

For my taste, Mixbus sounds better the more tracks you mix. For me it is worth to use it like a console, not just like a plugin or summing box. I don't have much experience with Mixbus yet but I can imagine that it could become my final mixing stage. Maybe more.

Upvote 0
Peter,

thanks for replying.

I have considered printing stems in Logic and loading them into Mixbuss,
and finishing the mix that way. But, for now, Mixbuss doesn't work well enough as a DAW for me. So I will continue with Logic as my main DAW.
The process I describe in my original post works just fine - until I want to
monitor the final mix pass in Logic...

Thanks, Bryan

Upvote 0
Sorry for the late response, my Mixbus refused to work for me, temporarily.

Regarding the double-monitoring problem:
Maybe you just have to disconnect your Logic output from the interface in Jack Router. If Logic runs directly to the interface you hear both, Logic and Mixbus.

Upvote 0
Thanks

Peter,

not sure it really works that way, but thanks anyway. I'll figure out something and maybe the next version of Mixbuss will offer a solution.

Upvote 0
Back