Basic Mac question

afranks

Logician
I wasn't sure where to ask this, but this looks like the right place.

In some of the online tutorials, I have seen programs like the ESX-24 and Ultrabeat in "full screen". I would like to see these this way in Logic, but can't figure out how to do this. As an aside, I have a cd-rom for my anatomy class that does not appear in full screen.

Can I mess with my display settings, or is there a better way to get what I would like?

Thanks,

Al

I wasn't sure where to ask this, but this looks like the right place.

In some of the online tutorials, I have seen programs like the ESX-24 and Ultrabeat in "full screen". I would like to see these this way in Logic, but can't figure out how to do this. As an aside, I have a cd-rom for my anatomy class that does not appear in full screen.

Some of the screen capture programs that tutorial developers use to develop tutorials have a zoom feature so that it's easier to see the aspect of the software they are focusing on. That is probably what is going on. You can always use the Mac OS 'Universal Access' Features, enabling these allows you to use option-command-8 to enable zooming the screen- and option-command + to zoom in and option command - to zoom out... but this might prove to be a bit cumbersome for daily use in Logic IMO...

Also, as of Logic 9, it is now possible to resize open plug in windows in Logic. Personally, in practice, I find this to be of limited value. But maybe it'll give you what you are looking for.

And yeah, many of the screen capture programs often do offer features to zoom in on areas of the screen (FTR, I never use these in any of my videos; I just capture at a coarser screen resolution).

Back