Logic Pro 9 coreMIDIServer.framework?

Eli

Logician
Hi All,

I've noticed recently that when I launch Logic, it seems to automatically launch an invisible system app called coreMIDIServer.framework

Does anyone know what this is? I've never seen it until recently. Is it tied to one of the recent updates? Does everyone get this little background app launched when booting Logic 9? (This is on an 8 core Mac pro with OS 10.5.8 and Logic 9.1)

FWIW, I seem to have noticed this new behavior after installing BFD about a month or so ago. I don't know if this is related or not?

I haven't noticed anything like that Eli, but FWIW, I switched to OS 10.6 before 9.1 came out, as well as which, I don't have BFD.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Yes, I do. I have an MBox mini hooked up. It does make sense that the DIGI midi driver could/would cause this behavior. But I've had it hooked up for over a year now, yet this anomaly only started recently.

*** Wait; I just had an aha moment!! I think you are correct, and it is the DIGI driver that is causing this. I also recently updated my version of Pro Tools Le (around the same time as installing BFD). So, yes, this new version of PT is a new variable in my setup that I hadn't considered. This makes sense - it's all falling in to place now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Upvote 0
Ok, So you have discovered you have a new process running on your machine. Just like the other 100 or so processes that run on a Mac with OS 10. What is the problem? What is it that needs fixing?

Bob Vandiver

Upvote 0
So far on my system it hasn't been a problem. I was just wondering what it was that brought about this new app being launched everytime I run Logic. It's just a slight PITA in that it is another app to clutter up the "command - tab" list you need to cycle through when leaving multiple apps open.

Upvote 0
And the process doesn't quit properly. It needs to be force quit. I just pulled all the DIGI MIDI Drivers from the MIDI Driver folder. I'm not using them anyway.

Upvote 0
So far on my system it hasn't been a problem. I was just wondering what it was that brought about this new app being launched everytime I run Logic. It's just a slight PITA in that it is another app to clutter up the "command - tab" list you need to cycle through when leaving multiple apps open.

My understanding from reading PT user's complaints-which is minimal and flawed ;) -is that coreMIDIserver.framework always had always been invisibly running in the background when Logic ran (like lots of invisible frameworks); it's just the latest Digi MIDI drivers do something funky that makes it run visibly. It shouldn't cause problems unless the Digi driver makes it crash, which so far, reports don't say that it does.

I realize I'm chiming in at the last minute and saying nothing that important. But I just wanted to emphasize that this framework has always been part of MIDI support in Mac OS X.

Orren

Upvote 0
Back