Logic Pro 8 deleting projects

pjbigss

Hi,
I am new to the group and have just upgraded my logic express to the full logic studio 8. I was trying to free up some space on my hard drive(macbook) and get some old projects deleted after burning them to disc. I have read my user manual but can not find any information on how to delete finished projects other than deleting the audio files from the bin but this still leaves the file folder. I want to delete all files relating to a project to clean up my hard drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Pat

Hi,
I am new to the group and have just upgraded my logic express to the full logic studio 8. I was trying to free up some space on my hard drive(macbook) and get some old projects deleted after burning them to disc. I have read my user manual but can not find any information on how to delete finished projects other than deleting the audio files from the bin but this still leaves the file folder. I want to delete all files relating to a project to clean up my hard drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Pat

How about simply deleting them in the Finder? Quit Logic, navigate to the old project file sitting on your hard drive, and drag it to the trash. Or did I misunderstand?

Orren

Upvote 0
What Orren said, that is what I do but first I always check that other projects are not sharing any audiofiles with the ones you delete. (This used to happen more easily before Logic 8 which you can set to make sure you save the assets (audiofiles and/or samples) in the actual project folder.

Upvote 0
Thanks

Thanks for the help. I thought that there was something I was missing in the Logic menu, I forgot I was using a computer, duh. Pat

Upvote 0
Back