Logic Pro 7 & earlier Effect VST in Instruments VST Menu

zhoro

Hello,

Is there a way to make sure effects VST don't show up under Instruments in Logic 5.5.1 PC? Some of my effects show up both under Effects and under Instruments. In the latter case, they take up valuable slots from my actual instrument VST, which are then not visible. Any ideas?

Thank you.

These are probably there for a reason. Now they are under a separate menu, but initially some effects used to show up as instruments because in some situations they were meant to be loaded on instrument tracks and sidechained to audio tracks or busses. So there is a reason to the madness. They work this way so that midi events can control the plugin behavior. Some plugins do this for muting, gain control, vocoding... lots of reasons.

Upvote 0
These are probably there for a reason. Now they are under a separate menu, but initially some effects used to show up as instruments because in some situations they were meant to be loaded on instrument tracks and sidechained to audio tracks or busses. So there is a reason to the madness. They work this way so that midi events can control the plugin behavior. Some plugins do this for muting, gain control, vocoding... lots of reasons.

Thank you so much for your response. That makes sense. I am not such an advanced user so many of these details had escaped me. Anyway, I've decided to sacrifice a bunch of instrument plugins which are freeware and not that remarkable anyway.

Upvote 0
Back