Logic Pro 7 & earlier EVP73 and EXSP24

drpanties

Logician
I used to have these, but I had to reformat my hard drive and they got rubbed out. Anyone know where I can get these little gems for Logic Pro 6.4.3? Grazie, P

Plus Ca Change - Plus C'est Le Meme Chose

I guess because this stuff is so old, that all the information that was available online is long gone!

lol the net doesnt work like that unless someone specifically removes the info (ie Apple)

And in real terms it isnt actually 'that old' - I dont consider 8/9 years to be very old in technology terms - especially when it comes from the same generation of technology that we now use.

If we were talking Roland Sequencers from the late 80s things might be different but Logic is still pretty much Logic - things havent in truth changed that much (if at all in real terms).

The big changes have occured in hardware - not software - the software changes are a) cosmetic, b) headroom related and c) plug-in simulation quality related.

Essentially there is no real difference between what was doable back then and now - only in terms of power of the computers that run them.

*sits back to watch the fun ensue* lol

Love&BigHugs

Upvote 0
Emagic doesn't exist anymore for 6-7 years, their website is long gone. The company who manufactured the actual XSKeys (and the Emagic MIDI interfaces) closed shop in 2008.

However if you come along a valid (= unused) activation code for an XSKey product, you can still get it authorized via http://xskey.apple.com! Enter your XSKey serial number and activation code into the form and it will provide you with the final authorization code. The website only mentions Logic Pro 7, but it will work for any XSKey product.

And "sure", the software in the 80s is pretty much the same software we have today. Maybe except this one new thing, you know, "audio recording"... :)

Upvote 0
High Horse To NowHere

And "sure", the software in the 80s is pretty much the same software we have today. Maybe except this one new thing, you know, "audio recording"... :)

Thats not new either - we had ''Audio Recording'' back then too! lol
Late 80s in fact I seem to recall although most people for some years after used samplers to spin in chunks of audio like vocals.

Sometimes it amazes me how little history people have.

As I said before - very little has changed AT ALL - there are only a few main areas of true development:
1) computer power and much lower price for computer memory
2) quality of audio recording based on the increase in computer power and memory price
3) better GUIs based on computer power & memory pricing
4) better facilities within newer software
5) massive drop in price for pro quality equipment

everything else (and even those in truth) are only an extension of what already existed before.

Its so easy to become elitist about 'how clever we are now because we have things that people before didnt'. This is something which exists in all aspects of society. The truth is that there are all kinds of things that we believe the be truely new and innovative which actually in truth arent at all.

Upvote 0
Old/Schmold

Emagic doesn't exist anymore for 6-7 years, their website is long gone.

Yes I know lol

But they were bought by Apple. Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels....

As such I think Apple owes it to the company to store that Data - its TINY in real terms and yet collosal in terms fo Apple's debt to Emagic.

Garage band would not exist without Emagic's Logic development.

And Logic is still Logic - even if it is now branded by Apple rather than Emagic.

Old/Schmold

ps I think the info you posted re XS Keys is very useful

Upvote 0
Back