Logic Pro 9 Exporting/Importing Region Information

Steven Martin

Hey guys,

I'm having a little trouble with getting this to work, any advice would be appreciated.

So I am trying to export region information of an audio file and import it to another Logic project. I have created regions within an audio file, they are impact sounds all recorded on one track and rather than create lots of separate small files I wanted to have access to all of them within one track.

I select the Audio Bin, I select the Audio File drop down, then 'export region information', it asks to save, I click OK and it says '1 audio file changed'. Then open a new project, import that audio file, do the same except click 'import region information' to that file, but I get the message '0 regions added', and nothing changes.

Any ideas? Not sure what I am doing wrong here. If I can get this to work it would be a huge time saver for future projects!

Cheers

Select the regions in the arrange window and then paste them at the same place in your new project.

Ideally copy the audio also, which will be in the audio bin of the new project but still referencing the old one.

Do this by selecting the audio in the new project and copy it over

Upvote 0
Back