Logic Pro 9 Help doesn't come up anymore

edurbrow

Logician
Help doesn't come up anymore when I choose it from within Logic 9.1.7. I think the Help is different from and better than the manual. In Help, inside logic, the topic 'enter and exit folder' is there, but when I choose it I get a blank help screen. If I open the manual and search for exit folder, it can't find it.

BTW, I want to know how to expand a folder so I can see all the tracks again in the Arrange window along with all the other tracks.
TIA

That happened to me a while ago, after I upgraded my OS to Lion.

I don't remember exactly what fixed it....I ran Disk Warrior and probably trashed the prefs/plist files for Help.

Logic Help now works again. Sorry to be vague, but there is hope.

Upvote 0
This a work-around, and doesn't explain why Logic Help is missing, but when Finder is active, click on the Help menu, then click on the the revealed Help Center.

At the bottom of the Welcome page click on "Help for all your apps" to find Logic Help.

Regarding opening and closing folders: Dbl-click on the folder to open it. Dbl-click on empty Arrange space to close it. Or use the Hierarchy button (angled upward-pointing arrow) in the upper left next to the Link button.

Upvote 0
This a work-around, and doesn't explain why Logic Help is missing, but when Finder is active, click on the Help menu, then click on the the revealed Help Center.

At the bottom of the Welcome page click on "Help for all your apps" to find Logic Help.

When I had this problem, Logic didn't appear at all when doing this. :(

Thinking back, it may have been a Javascript problem. To the original poster: Look for the latest Java installers and see if that helps.

Go to yourdrive/Applications/Utilities
Launch Java Preferences - check your version.

I'm currently on Java SE6 (version 1.6.0_33)

Let us know....

Upvote 0

When I had this problem, Logic didn't appear at all when doing this. :(

I thought there was no Logic Help there because I didn't see it on the page. Then I found the Show All in the right corner. LogicPro Help is there. Double clicking on it didn't seem to do anything other than bring up the usual dialog box saying it wants to connect to Apple Help etc. Then I opened Logic and clicked Help and it came right up! Maybe just opening the "Help for all your apps" did it. All's well that ends well.

Thinking back, it may have been a Javascript problem. To the original poster: Look for the latest Java installers and see if that helps.

Go to yourdrive/Applications/Utilities
Launch Java Preferences - check your version.

I'm currently on Java SE6 (version 1.6.0_33)

v.1.6.0_31-b04-414 here.

Thanks a lot Colin and CSeye

Upvote 0
Back