Logic Pro 9 How To Create a Region from the Sample Editor?

antimatter

Hi LUG, I was wondering how, if it's possible, to take a selection from the sample editor and turn it into its own region. Specifically:

I have a vocal recording and I want to pull out a specific section and turn it into a separate region. I know I can do this in the Arrange window, but since the sample editor is better designed to make precise selections of audio files (just click/drag), I was hoping there might be a way for me to copy out the selection without needing to chop up my region in Arrange (only to later re-merge it).

Advice?

Thanks! :hippy:

In the sample edit window Edit Menu>Create new region

key command = R
This creates a new region in the bin, which you then drag to where you want it in the arrange.

Upvote 0
Thanks, this works really well. I also discovered shortly after this the Region - > Selection and Selection - > Region buttons, but your way is still better. R doesn't seem to be the key command for me, though (no biggie). Also, when I delete audio files from the bin, it doesn't give me the warning "you cannot undo this!" as when I delete regions in arrange (which seems to not be true, so long as i press undo within a few steps), but does it actually delete them from my hard drive? I ask because I want it to, so I can keep my HD clean.

Upvote 0
Deleting by pressing delete or backspace only deletes the audio file from the list. To delete from HD use the audio menu.

Deleting from arrange only deletes from HD with freshly recorded audio.

Upvote 0
Back