Logic Pro (X) In Score editor, tips needed on inputting 2 verses in same stave

Antaren

Logician
I am working in the score editor and have inputted text for 2 verses under the same stave. Most of the notes are the same, but there is an occasional extra note in the 2nd verse. Here's an example for a song in 3/4:

There is a dotted half note for the word "earth" in the measure in the first verse.
There needs to be a quarter note and a half note for the word "ii-ving."

How do I do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Karen

I am a bit confused as to whether you want to change the notes or the lyrics? Are they on two different verses? Do you want the quarter note and the half note tied?
You can add a user rest to the 3rd beat of the dotted half to change it to a tied notes.
Can you upload an image of what you are trying to do?

Upvote 0
Thanks Volovicg. I'm looking around to see how I upload an image. Any thoughts on how to do this? When I click on the image button, it asks for a URL, however the image I have is on my desktop. In the "Forum Guide for Posting:" it says: "Upload an image from your computer using the link under the text editor." I don't know what text editor they are referring to, nor how to find it.

Thanks again.
Karen

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Uploading images seems to have changed.
More steps for the user, but perhaps less data saved on the LUG server.

Do you have Dropbox, or some other cloud storage for images?
A link for sharing a file is made available and can be pasted into the URL address box.

Upvote 0
Karen,
Thanks and I hope this may address your issue. See the attached screenshot below.
1/ I would make your dotted 1/2 note into a tied note ( either half tied to quarter or inversely quarter tied to half)
2/ You make tied notes by bringing in a user rest and watch the help tag.. if you set it at beat 3 you will create what you see below - if you want a quarter tied to half - bring it in on beat 2.
3/ Add your lyrics for verse 1
4/ add your lyrics for verse 2 - but after you complete the first syllable instead of pressing tab to move to the next note, press shift+tab and it will take you to the next tied note.
let me know if this answered your questions

http://m.UploadEdit.com/ba3h/1440305184688.gif

Upvote 0
Thanks Volovicg. I'm looking around to see how I upload an image. Any thoughts on how to do this? When I click on the image button, it asks for a URL, however the image I have is on my desktop. In the "Forum Guide for Posting:" it says: "Upload an image from your computer using the link under the text editor." I don't know what text editor they are referring to, nor how to find it.

The text editor is what you type a reply into.

Can you see the upload file button underneath?
Screen Shot 2015-08-23 at 12.25.07.png

Upvote 0
No sir there was no "upload file button" only post reply and more options. However - it is there today. I see it as I am typing this

Upvote 0
No sir there was no "upload file button" only post reply and more options. However - it is there today. I see it as I am typing this
Great news, after I posted that I did some resetting of permissions, I think it was set incorrectly before.

EDIT:

NB: when posting images hosted on another site you can embed them using the image icon (above the text editor):

1440305184688.gif

Upvote 0
Ok here is an update showing the two different ways to tie the notes (quarter to half and half to quarter) with lyrics and using shift+tab to insert the second syllable on the last tied note. Hope this helps and answers your question.

lyrics3.gif

Upvote 0
Back