Logic Pro (X) I've lost my skills with Score sets.

peterlemer

Logician
I have a project with 8 or so software instruments, including 2 separate basses, one pizz, one arco.

I want to print out a part with both, each on its own staff.

I have created a score set with these 2, named it 'basses' and then failed completely to get them to form a unified part.

I've muted all the other regions, recalling that somewhere in the manual it says that muted regions will be excluded from score display.

I've tried clicking within the staff, bewteen staves, no luck.
All I get is one of the bass regions. Never both.

I already have a chart done the way I want , printed from a previous iteration of Logic Pro ( attached).

Problem is, I want to add chords.

what's the trick?

pete

Attachments

• Lumbriga Basses Chart gig.pdf
    54.6 KB · Views: 172
Whenever I am unable to see more than one staff, it's usually due to the link window icon in the score. It means you only see the staff which is selected.

If this is the case, you just click on the little upward arrow to the left of "Layout" menu. And then make sure you keep the link icon unselected.

Upvote 0
Thanks Pete, my heart leapt, but this hasn't worked. I still get single staves.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 16.15.35.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 16.15.35.png
    516.5 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 0
It seems you are definitely filtering a score set not an individual instruments (another easy mistake,as you can now do that from lower down in the Filter dropdown) as the name is "Both Basses" which must be the name of your score set. What happens if you choose All Instruments then go back to Both Basses, or esle create a new scoie set

Also, what do you see when you click on the sore set "Both Basses" under the layout > show score sets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
> the name is "Both Basses" which must be the name of your score set.

indeedy

> What happens if you choose All Instruments then go back to Both Basses,

single staff only

> or esle create a new scoie set

tried this - no go.

> what do you see when you click on the sore set "Both Basses" under the layout > show score sets.

see attached screenshot

pete
Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 19.14.49.png

Upvote 0
I can;'t see what the issue is, can you attach the project via PM, I'll be happy to have a look at it.

(Although I'm wondering about the purple link icon in screenshot)

Upvote 0
Please click the up arrow button at least once - then select the score set in the filter window.
That's what I thought, the up arrow to go up into the main overview (ie the highest hierarchy if that is the correct term) but it seems that didn't solve the issue.

Upvote 0
Looking at the track headers.... You have two tracks called "Bass"- you could have the wrong bass track in the score set. I would either delete that score set and recreate one with the two tracks you want or delete the bass instrument in the score set and add the correct one. Just another possibility of what could be happening.....
Give one of those bass tracks a unique name so there is no way of confusing the two...prior to fixing or recreating the new one

Upvote 0
OK, thanks Pete and volovicg ( and anyone else who might be interested), I've stripped out all plugins, auxes, and other tracks, leaving just the 2 troublesome basses, which I've assigned to ESX basses.
( I've left Main and Score page linked to test that both bass tracks sill display as parts - feel free to unlink)

As I've stripped down, I've repeatedly tested the possibility of showing both tracks on one score and failed.
This version is about as trim as I can make it: Please have a go - and apologies in advance if I've missed something obvious.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hj8524g17gqgd3k/AAD7Q80Ymo2o1h8Gw6islMVRa?dl=0

pete

Upvote 0
The problem is...... in the region inspector for the bass track - you do not have the score checkbox enabled. So it is currently disabled from being visible in the score.... ( nothing to do with score sets). Click on the region up in the arrange page, open the region inspector, click more....and enable score...... All will be right with world again.......

Both Basses.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
holy lampposts! that's it! < falls on knees, sobbing>

many thanks!!

What tool did you use to make that elegant gif, please?

and I see pete thomas likes your post. How do do a similar 'like'?

pete

Upvote 0
Back