Logic Pro 9 Kontakt in logic problem

d350mh

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this

need some help with kontakt in logic. I've got kontakt loaded into logic and sent each .nki to a different aux in logic to individually process the drums, but for some reason whatever i do to the main instrument channel (the one that has kontakt actually loaded on it) it does the same thing on aux track 3. so if i insert an eq on the main instrument channel (kick), it inserts one on aux track 3 (floor tom). how do i fix this??

I still find that setting up a m.o. version of Kontakt causes momentary confusion on this end...

In the attachment:
Kontakt output 1-2 drums, 3-4 bass, and 5-6 organ.
Logic Kontakt channel strip is for the drums, 1st aux input is for Kontakt out 3-4 bass, 2nd aux for K 5-6 organ.

Effects on the Kontakt channel strip do not effect the auxes.

Attachments

• kontakt.png
    kontakt.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 0
tried setting it up again but on my macbook pro and it did the same thing. ill let you know how i set it up, maybe that can give you an idea whats happening.

I've got a drum kit, and each part of the drums is a different .nki. so i have an .nki for kick, snare, rack tom, floor tom.

i open logic, create 1 new multi timbal instrument track. i load kontakt 5 multi out 16xstereo onto that instrument track. now within kontakt i add 3 new channels which gives me a total of 4 channels, and 4 aux's within kontakt.
I route the new channel's output config's to plugin out 3+4, plugin out 5+6, plugin out 7+8.

I load in the 4 .nki's (kick, snare, RT, FT). Then i change the output on the individual .nki to 'st.1 for kick' 'st.2 for snare' and so on, and change all midi channels to [A]1 so when i program the drums its all within the same midi region.

Now in logic, i click the little '+' button to add new aux tracks for that instrument to individually process each drum .nki.

So in logic i have Inst1 (with kontakt on it whick is routed as the kick), then aux 1 (snare), aux 2 (RT) and aux 3 (FT).

Aux 1 and 2 are completely independent as to adding inserts, soloing and muting the track. but anything i do to either Inst 1 (with kontakt) or aux 3, whether it be volume, pan, inserts, solo/mute.. it does to the other one.

any ideas what has happened?

Upvote 0
problem resolved i think. i put a whole kit in (different .nki's) with kick, snare, RT, FT and 6 cymbals and it seems to work fine. no clue why it does it with 4 nkis and not 10 but if it works, it works. thanks for your reply

Upvote 0
You're initial detailed and easy to follow description made sense. So I'm not really sure what went wrong.

The main thing is that you resolved this.

One thing I do after solving a problem is to use Logic's Notes text entry to write out the details for future reference. I have folder full of so-called reference projects detailing routing sets ups, key switching/MIDI CC#s for articulation changes, eq/compression settings etc, some of which become templates.

Upvote 0
Back