Logic Pro 9 L9.1.3 isn't seeing L9.1.1 in app folder

Hi all,

I've successfully upgraded from 9.1.1 to 9.1.3 on one of my work stations. Trying the exact same thing on another one is failing. Logic isn't seeing the 9.1.1 app in the application folder. There is no other Logic running on my network.

I seem to remember someone else having this problem. I searched the archive and can't find the thread. Any tips?

thanks,

Judith

The other one was because the Logic app to be updated was in a subfolder.

I presume this is the thread you mean:

https://logic-users-group.com/forums/threads/logic-pro-9-update.4063/

If the Logic app is directly in the applications folder it should update.

has it been renamed? I'm not sure what happens in that case. You'd think these days an updater would be clever enough to work that out, but you never know, so maybe make sure it is just named Logic Pro

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Judith, I had a similar problem on my MBPro and iMac-the 9.1.3 got installed but wasn't in the apps folder, i finally just opened the LP 9.1.2 icon in the dock and 9.1.3 started up fine, it was in the dock, this time.

Upvote 0
It happened to me cause 9.1.1 was renamed by the update and it couldn't find it...renamed 9.1.1 to simply Logic and it did the trick ;)

Upvote 0
Yes, I had renamed Logic to Logic 9.1.1 and then took off the version number but Logic still isn't happy. I've restarted and done all of the usual things but will try fiddling with it some more.

Upvote 0
Yes, I had renamed Logic to Logic 9.1.1 and then took off the version number but Logic still isn't happy.

Judith, it has to be called Logic Pro.app , and be in the applications folder (not in a sublfolder!). I don't ever recall an update of logic where this problem did not surface in the fora, and the solution was always to be found in the details of exactly what it is called, and exactly where it is.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Hey Mark,

Ah... Logic Pro.app? I don't have the suffix on it but shall try that. Thanks!

I find with any app, the .app suffix is there but hidden.

If you look at the file info and "name & extension" , you'll see whether the .app is there and "hide extension" should be ticked, but probably greyed out so that the .app is always there and cannot be removed even when you rename the app.

Upvote 0
Pete is quite right, sorry Judith, I should have gone into some more detail. If you have your finder preferences set to show file extensions like mine are:

20101103-drbhh34wbfp8cuwuhhxhp6m81i.jpg

Then you should see something like this (I have all the Logic 9 versions installed, the latest, 9.1.3, is called Logic Pro.app:

20101103-ex3mb3yfjckbma9ei5mpyhuk8c.jpg

Whereas, if your preferences are set to hide extensions, then it would look like this:

20101103-ta72wf27nxtxxqgckrsd1xwdgy.jpg

The danger would be in having the extensions hidden, and renaming it Logic Pro.app, in which case, what you would actually have done would result in it being called Logic Pro.app.app. The Updater won't find that.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
The danger would be in having the extensions hidden, and renaming it Logic Pro.app, in which case, what you would actually have done would result in it being called Logic Pro.app.app. The Updater won't find that.

I just experimented, and it doesn't actually do that, not with 10.6.4 anyway.

It ignores the second.app if you try to add it when the actual extension is hidden.

Clever stuff!

Upvote 0
Back