Logic Pro 7 & earlier Logic 5 will not start. Error = "Multiple XSKeys detected"

the27man

if someone knows where this has already been answered, i would appreciate a link.

i have installed Logic RPC Pro (ver 5.1.3) on my WinXP machine. when i plug in the dongle, i get the error "Multiple XSKeys detected."

i have two SI-24 boards installed. one came with Logic, the other with Sonar LE, thus i have two Emagic dongles. i do not know which dongle goes with which program. (i have loaded Logic on an older machine (Win2K w/ 2 GHz Pentium 4 and 1 Gig memory). on the Win2K machine, it runs with either of the dongles.)

i have attempted to launch Logic with the following permutations: one dongle, the other dongle, both dongles, and neither dongle. without a dongle, i receive the appropriate message "Emagic XSKey not found." with either or both dongles, i receive the aforementioned "Multiple XSKeys detected" dialog.

i have tried the dongle in various USB ports; each time the Device Manager is populated with only one instance of the XSKey. i have uninstalled the driver, re-inserted the dongle, and have been met with the same results.

the machine in question is:
Dell Optiplex GX280
Windows XP Professional
ver. 2002 SP2
Pentium 4 (3.2 GHz)
1 Gig memory

two (2) RPC-1's
two (2) Roland SI-24 boards

i'm not even certain what the correct question is, but generally speaking, what do i need to do to get Logic opened on my WinXP machine (patches, updates, hardware configuration, etc.)?

Multiple XSKeys detected

Hi,
I am trying to install logic 5 on my dell laptop with XP pro, and get the 'multiple XSKeys detected error, on startup of the program.
It will not start, and the only option is to quit.
I have also tried with/without the dongle/various ports etc, and cant get around the problem.

If anyone can help - please advise.
AlanJ

Upvote 0
Disconnect all devices and check. I also remember (Logic 5 is a "few" years old), that a Logitech (or other 3rd party) device driver for a mouse or joystick messed up the communication. That was a driver bug on their end, which IMO was fixed at some point.

Upvote 0
I think it might have something to do with some other music software, either behaving as TSR, or its licensing mechanisms. But not sure...

[EDIT] What I wanted to say is, checkout your "running process" list, and try to kill some, that you can see are related to Sonar. [EDIT]

Upvote 0
I think it might have something to do with some other music software, either behaving as TSR, or its licensing mechanisms. But not sure...

[EDIT] What I wanted to say is, checkout your "running process" list, and try to kill some, that you can see are related to Sonar. [EDIT]
HEY GUYS

to avoid problems crashing with multiple XSKeys detected error, ---> just use a ps/2 keyboard and a mouse and the problem will be fixed. danny boy

Upvote 0
If I remember this issue occurred with certain custom drivers from Logitech for e.g. their joysticks. They think the XSKey is a keyboard...

Upvote 0
Back