Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a Dead Head who knows Logic X

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by deadphish, Sep 2, 2013.

1. deadphish

deadphish New Member

Hey All,

I was hoping to find a deadhead that uses Logic x for there effects chain with there guitar. I am a complete amateur. I play a little guitar but I love the Grateful Dead and would love to be able to replicate some of Jerry or Bob's signature sounds. Is it even possible with Just the the software and a guitar input? I know any gearhead would say no. I don't need it to be perfect just as close as possible it would be fun to play around with. You don't even have to be a Deadhead i suppose. Just somebody that can listen to a song and tell me how to set up logic to replicate the sound. If your looking for a specific sound I would like to be able play Shakedown Street using just logic and a PA system. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.:hippy:

3. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

Actually Mainstage is made for live performance, and contains all of the the effects and instruments found in Logic.

I have seen a few artist that do use Logic live for instruments and effects chain.

Jazz Fusion great, John McLaughlin used Logic for his guitar effects chain in a performance I witnessed a few years ago.

So it is possible, he was sending a feed to the PA, and had a couple of floor monitors.

You will just have to do research, experiment and tweak to get a sound you are happy with.

:thmbup:

4. deadphish

deadphish New Member

Thanks for the feedback. Yes Mainstage would be my ultimate goal after I worked out the sounds in logic.

5. deadphish

deadphish New Member

Looper

Setting up a looper to work in mainstage and a midi foot controller. You can really make some custom stuff if you have a controller with enough options. Not as good for dead music as it is for phish though. Trey uses a multi pedal looper for alot of his stuff. :hippy: