Logic Pro 9 Lost sample files

drbrad98

Logician
I posted to an earlier thread but didn't get a response: Since migrating Logic 9 from old iMac to new iMac, the Logic drum samples appear to be lost. I actually removed Logic (originally installed from discs as Logic 8, then upgraded by discs to Logic 9 a couple years ago), and downloaded it from the App Store, which didn't fix the problem. In response to a suggestion to someone who seems to have had the same problem, I downloaded both the essential and additional content from within Logic, and unhid my user library with Lion Tweaks. Nothing seems to have made a difference. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Brad

Are you sure it's actual Logic content? or is it really GarageBand content?

If you still have your original hard drive or a back up, you can drag and drop the missing instruments into the EXS instrument, and samples folders.

Upvote 0
I guess I'm not actually sure if it's Logic or GB content, but it's what comes up as the library in Logic, and it seems to be only the drum samples--e.g. Studio Tight Kit. I don't have my original HD or backup, but I do have my original Logic 9 discs.

Upvote 0
I seem to remember that there was an issue with Logic 9 not installing some of the older samples unless you checked "Legacy content" (or some similar term) during installation. Try loading your original Logic 9 discs and seeing if it allows you to install only the Legacy content, and you might get it back..?

Upvote 0
Back