Logic Studio apps MainStage 2.2.1 released

mmm42

Logician
MainStage 2.2.1: Release notes

Symptoms
MainStage 2.2.1 is a software update for MainStage 2.2. MainStage 2.2 is a feature upgrade for MainStage 1.0 and 2.0 customers available for purchase on the Mac App Store. MainStage 2.2 includes several new features and fixes.

Resolution
MainStage 2.2.1 Update

Installation
* Resolves several issues related to the download and installation of basic and additional content.

Performance
* Addresses an issue in MainStage 2.2 that could decreased performance of the Playback plug-in on computers with one or two cores.
* Resolves an issue in MainStage 2.2 that could decreased performance when using the 8-channel mixer & backing track template.
* Resolves an issue that could increased latency when playing software instruments with MainStage 2.2.
* Improves performance when running multiple instances of EXS24 in 32-bit mode on computers with multiple cores.
* Addresses an issue in MainStage 2.2 where performance decreased compared to MainStage 2.1.3 on non-hyper-threaded 2-core computers.

Audio
* Fixes an issue in MainStage 2.2 where only the left side of the stereo signal was sent to an Aux if the channel strip had any mono to stereo conversion.
* Panning now works correctly on outputs other than output 1-2.
* Sends set to Post Pan now pan properly on mono channel strips.
* Fixes an issue that blocked sidechain input for plug-ins.
* Resolves an issue in MainStage 2.2 where the left side of external stereo audio signals was duplicated and processed by both sides of a stereo channel strip.

Plugins and Patches
* Fixes an issue with using keyboard arrow keys to scroll through the Patch Browser.
* The Hide Ruler option for the Waveform object again works as expected.
* The slide direction of drawbars in EVB3 is no longer affected by the Scroll direction setting in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
* Resolves an issue where the bottom of some plug-in screens were not accessible on 11" MacBook Air when the plug-in was opened in Controls View.

General
* Corrects various problems in MainStage 2.2 with non-English localizations.

Hello Logic Users Group,

I purchased Mainstage 2.2 for $29 as a register user of versions 1 and 2. In Dec 2011 I believe.

Is Apple charging another $29 for the new release of Mainstage 2.2.1?

I cannot find a link on Apples website to update Mainstgage 2.2 and Lions OS 'Software Update...' Is not auto finding a Mainstage update.

What do you gentlemen know?

Thank you in advance,

Howie Roxx

Hello Logic Users Group,

I purchased Mainstage 2.2 for $29 as a register user of versions 1 and 2. In Dec 2011 I believe.

Is Apple charging another $29 for the new release of Mainstage 2.2.1?

No, Mainstage 2.2.1 is a free update for 2.2.0. If you have a 2.2.0 licence, 2.2.1 should appear as an update for you in the app store:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4027

kind regards

Mark

MainStage 2.2.1

Hi Logic User Group,

I went to the Apple Store and when I get to the MainStage 2 (Buy It Page) It says in a little grey link 'INSTALLED'

When I click on MainStage About drop-down menu and the pop-up window comes up it says MainStage 2.2. See attached .jpg. Maybe I am just not understanding. I do not recall doing an update for MainStage from 2.2 to 2.2.1.

I amy not be remembering... it happens. :-/

See the attached .jpg and tell me if I am just mistaken.

Howie

Attachments

• About Mainstage 2.2.jpg
    About Mainstage 2.2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 254
The Mac App Store has a tab named "Updates", thats where you find all updates for applications bought in the Mac App Store.

MainStage 2.2.1

Thanks for the reply.

I did not find an 'updates' button. This has happened to me on Apple's website before for software updates.

I will look further.

Thanks,

Howie

Just launch the Mac App Store application, that's how updates for applications are now delivered. The toolbar of that application contains the "Update" icon.

Hi,
I had the same problem. Under the "update" icon there was only the old version. I found it under the icon "Purchases" (Hope it´s called this way in the Appstore USA) There was the update sign behind the Mainstage application.

Back