Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic Studio apps Mainstage: Expression and CC#11

Discussion in 'MainStage' started by oortone, Jun 15, 2010.

1. oortone

oortone Member

1. Is the "Expression" control (responding to CC#11) on the channelstrips meant for controlling volume solely? Find it a bit strange, why two volume controls?

2. Can it be removed somehow? I have a plugin which correspond to CC#11 but because of the expression control it never reaches the plugin.

3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

1) No, and yes it is a bit strange having (by default) two volume controls on a channel strip.

2) Yes. You can break the mapping in Layout mode by going to MIDI thru and select Do Not Pass Thru. Alternately/additionally, you can re-map the control in Edit mode

4. oortone

oortone Member

Ah yes, but that won't pass cc#11 to my plugin.
    So I guess the only way is to use a controller assignment for that parameter?

5. Doug Zangar

The cc11 is passed through if you map the screen control to the plug-in parameter of your choice. Is this not what you want to do?

6. oortone

oortone Member

No, I'd rather have a clean midi-cc chain directly to the plugin. That way I can put any plug in on any channel I want without any further adjustments. No screen controls needed. Of course that only works with plugins that respond to CC directly.

Anyway, it seems I'll have to map CC#11. I can live with that. Just wanted to make sure.

7. Doug Zangar

Glad you can live it ;)

Maybe in MainStage 3.......