Logic Pro (X) Moving Channel Strips in Mixer

M57

Logician
In Track Mode, the channel strip behaves, but When I switch to ALL, I've noticed that some of my tracks go to wacky locations. How do I move them around in "All" mode. and how did they get there in the first place?

"Track" view shows the channelstrips you currently use in the Arrange window. If you delete tracks/channelstrips there, they still exist in the Logic Environment and are shown in the "All" view of the mixer. You cannot reorder them there, the "All" mode is just an overview.

Upvote 0
It's just strange to me that some of the tracks are where they are in the ALL view. For instance, I have two tracks to record a guitar using the over the shoulder method. They were created right underneath other guitar tracks. Yet somehow, in ALL view, they show up not adjacent to each other AND in unexplained areas - one in with the pianos and the other between bass and drums. I'm curious to know how this might have happened seeing as I can't move them.

Upvote 0
As I said above: ... the "All" mode is just an overview.

It's a listing of the channelstrips in the Logic Environment. You cannot sort them, but you can permanently delete what you don't use. Your normal working area is the "Track" view.

I don't like this two-stage method but other users and/or the programmers may find it helpful.

Upvote 0
Back