Logic Pro (X) Non active regions in score editor

Andrew Hague

Hi, I'm a seasoned user of Logic 9 and everything before. I just opened a project created in 9 in LogicX. In the arrange window there are only regions where there are events. It's hard to explain this. My pieces starts with one track for female voices, then on another track, male voices take over. However, in the score editor the female line keeps showing as an empty stave, then when the choir enters I get 2 empty staves above the SATB although there are no regions there in the arrange window and so it goes on - a score with loads of redundant score parts. How do I address this. I love the overall look of the score in X and I'd like to start using it seriously.

Logic X has an option to display score to fill the gaps between regions. You can turn this off in the project score settings window.

Upvote 0
Hi Pete - thanks for that - that's sorted it. Can I ask an ancillary question. I see that there are also style settings (Jazz, Sonata etc) however in this project (created in 9) they seem to be unobtainable and I'm stuck with 'internal'. How can I get the other settings?

Upvote 0
Hi Pete - thanks for that - that's sorted it. Can I ask an ancillary question. I see that there are also style settings (Jazz, Sonata etc) however in this project (created in 9) they seem to be unobtainable and I'm stuck with 'internal'. How can I get the other settings?

Do you have those fonts installed?

Upvote 0
No - I'm not sure how to get them. Actually I did manage to download Bravura just now. I followed the instructions and installed it into font book. But it's still greyed out in Logic X

Upvote 0
Back