overlay piano roll over audio waveforms

Gio

Logician
Hello Logic team,
any way we could overlay an instrument track piano roll view (midi notes, controller and other data) over an audio waveform? sometimes when layering a sampler/synth over a recorded track so I can tighten performances it would be great to be able to see the midi note start on top of the audio track Im trying to align to, and vice versa.
Thank you
Ciao
Gio

Hi Gio,

There's no real way that I know of to do this. But the good news is that as of v. 9.0.2, flex can now be used to line up transients in audio files with midi events in adjacent midi regions.

So, if you line up your audio and midi tracks right next to each other vertically and zoom in with flex mode on; you can line up the transients in the audio file with the graphic representation of midi notes as they are displayed in the Arrange Window midi regions.

HTH.

Ciao Eli,
Thanks for the reply, thats exactly what I've been doing, and from time to time opening a matrix/piano roll window and putting it on a different monitor so I can line things that way, sometimes i move the audio to Midi, and sometimes midi to audio, depending on the performance so having an open matrix is handy-ish. It would be nice to have an overlay view to speed this process a bit. Hope all is well on your side of the console.
Ciao
Gio

Back