preferred Plug-ins of Logic users

jayfolland

Logician
Hi,

I would like to know of some good plug-ins that work well with logic? (cooperation)

I'm looking for a relatively cheaper alternative, reason being is I can't get my head around dropping stupid money on plug-ins when that could be a good deposite on the real thing, Only my opinion.

I need a good parametric EQ, FET emulation comp and a good reverb. Not after giveaways but don't want to let too many moths out.

Thanks,
Jay

I nearly always stick to Logic's space designer now for a reverb. And linear phase EQ does everything I need for EQ.

(I previously had various UAD reverbs and EQs plus Alitiverb) I mostly am very happy with the Logic stuff. I don't know about FET emulation comp, but I tend to use PSP oldtimer a lot for compression.

Yes, Logic's built-in EQs and Compressors are very flexible and very good. Have you dug into them?

Space Designer is good for convolution. If you're looking for something algorithmic, I'd save my pennies and go with the Lexicon.

Hi,

I would like to know of some good plug-ins that work well with logic? (cooperation)

I'm looking for a relatively cheaper alternative, reason being is I can't get my head around dropping stupid money on plug-ins when that could be a good deposite on the real thing, Only my opinion.

I need a good parametric EQ, FET emulation comp and a good reverb. Not after giveaways but don't want to let too many moths out.

Thanks,
Jay

These are the ones I automatically reach for. All have sound characteristics unlike any supplied with Logic.

- Valhalla Shimmer. I never thought a reverb could sound so different and so gorgeous until I heard this one. I also have Valhalla Room, which reminds me of the early physical digital reverbs of the 80s.
- Predatohm, unusual distortion plugin from Ohmforce.
- the u-he suite of plugins (reverb, distortion and more)
- IKMultimedia's Amplitube, for anything vaguely guitarish.

Apple supply some pretty amazing stuff out of the box, but the ones above are pretty special.

Logic's built in compressor has an FET mode, as well as opto, VCA, and a couple of others.

Yes I really like logics FET Mode, Class A, opto etc.... FET mainly...LOVE IT!!!!!
Always use the FET, it's one hell of a mode

Yeah ok, I agree, all of you are correct why fix if it's not broken.

What's the main difference with the Linear Phase EQ and the channel EQ? similar algorithms?? Aside from parameters being transferable where's the big difference?

Back