Logic Pro (X) Project structure for a brain dump

mainllinedude

I've created a project for something that's been in my head for a long time. My approach has been to get a lot of snippets down into regions in tracks, not necessarily in order.

So I've got a lot of regions like "Intro theme A", Intro theme B", "Intro bridge A-B", etc. And in a lot of cases, multiple tracks for instances of those (like "Intro theme A - woodwinds" and "Intro theme A - brass" as separate regions on separate tracks)

When I start moving things around, or expanding one of those, the continuity goes away, i.e., I have to move everything that follows manually. Particularly annoying with time sig changes, since those seem to be separate.

Is there something within a project that would let me keep these pieces separate, and then assemble them as I see fit, or do I need to create each one in a separate project?

Nice! Thanks. Another one of those things that the docs gave me a hint towards, but couldn't quite figure out how to accomplish it. That tutorial shows it nicely (although I guess the steps are slightly different in X).

I especially like the view you get in the piano roll/score view when you click on the folder in the closed state.

Upvote 0
Back