Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project structure for a brain dump

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by mainllinedude, Jan 30, 2015.

1. mainllinedude

mainllinedude New Member

I've created a project for something that's been in my head for a long time. My approach has been to get a lot of snippets down into regions in tracks, not necessarily in order.

So I've got a lot of regions like "Intro theme A", Intro theme B", "Intro bridge A-B", etc. And in a lot of cases, multiple tracks for instances of those (like "Intro theme A - woodwinds" and "Intro theme A - brass" as separate regions on separate tracks)

When I start moving things around, or expanding one of those, the continuity goes away, i.e., I have to move everything that follows manually. Particularly annoying with time sig changes, since those seem to be separate.

Is there something within a project that would let me keep these pieces separate, and then assemble them as I see fit, or do I need to create each one in a separate project?

3. anp27

anp27 Member

4. mainllinedude

mainllinedude New Member

Nice! Thanks. Another one of those things that the docs gave me a hint towards, but couldn't quite figure out how to accomplish it. That tutorial shows it nicely (although I guess the steps are slightly different in X).

I especially like the view you get in the piano roll/score view when you click on the folder in the closed state.