Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic TDM PTHD 8 + Logic 8 compability

Discussion in 'Logic TDM' started by oscar_wonderboy, May 7, 2010.

1. oscar_wonderboy

oscar_wonderboy New Member

Anyone running the following:

OSX 10.5.8 leopard
    PTHD 8...
    Logic 8...

Just did a new install of leopard (used to run tiger 10.4.11+logic 7.2+PTHD7.1cs9) on my Powemac G5 2X2.5 and someone...updated all the way up to 10.5.8

I was originally planning to run 10.5.4 and PTHD 7.4 with Logic 8
    But before I downgrade, since I am not sure PTHD 7.4 works with 10.5.8 (OR does it?)...I just wanted to know if logic 8 works with PTHD 8

Thanks/Oscar

3. JFritz

JFritz New Member

Hi Oscar,
    I've tried the various combinations - my experience:

1. G5 does not like Logic 8 with TDM, Leopard, etc. You've been using the best combo there is for a G5, Logic 7.2., PT 7.x on OS 10.4.9 or 11

2. On a MacPro the combo 10.5.8., Logic 8.02 and PT 8.01cs1 works okay - using Firewire for native audio. Gave up on DTDM completely.

Faced with the dim perspective for Logic/TDM, I finally moved to PT for audio & mixing using Logic Native for Midi, VI's, writing etc. And wish, I had done that years ago.

Running PT and logic on the same machine, PT sending an SMPTE Audio Signal to a Unitor 8 syncing Logic. Ancient, but wonderful.

Regards
    JF

4. oscar_wonderboy

Thanks a lot for the input.
    Hm...from what I gathered I thought that 8 + 8 was a pretty stable setup but I didn´t realize that the actual hardware (my G5) was a factor in this...

The only problem is that my G5 is SO much faster with my new 500 gb 7200 rpm Seagate + Leopard. It feels like at least twice as fast (!).

Also I am running Leopard on my MacBook at home and I felt it would be easier to sync stuff on both computers if they were both running Leopard.

Maybe I need to rethink...

Thanks again/O

5. tigerman

tigerman Senior member

i've worked a lot with 10.4.9 + logic 8 (latest one) + pt7.1cs2 + G5 dual 2.5
    No dtdm, core audio + tdm throu adat bridge.
    Not too bad config, i suggest you to stay on 10.4.x until you change your mac (or you drop logic TDM)
    atm i'm on a new mac pro and i'm using both togheter logic core audio + pro tools tdm, synched by IAC BUS (logic master), i've abandoned logic tdm completely.
    the only problem with this setup is when you insert some plug-in that does delay compensation, this cause the latency between logic and protools to change, so if you use audio/VIs on both you should encounter sligth sync problems (i've workarounded it btw), no problem if you use pt just as a mixer (if you do automations in PT there's to keep an eye on it anyway).
    cheers

6. oscar_wonderboy

Thanks Tigerman. Appreciate you thoughts. I am trying to put a setup together now anyway with 10.5.8. Let´s see what happens. Otherwise I will go back to 10.4..