Logic Pro 9 system overload

ceol

Logician
When playing back some of my recordings in Logic Pro 9 the playback stops and a notice appears saying 'System Overload' followed by 'the audio engine was not able to process all the required data in time'. This only happens on some recordings but it seems to affect the same recordings and does not appear to be related to the number of tracks albeit that most of the affected recordings might have between 15 and 35 tracks. In addition, the playback stops at different places or sometimes not at all, i.e, it is inconsistent and might happen only once during playback on one occasion but many times on another occasion. If I hit the 'continue' button it carries on from where it stopped till it stops again. Has anyway any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to fix it ?

Thanks

I get that too sometimes usually involving RealLP plugin. I have no idea why it happens. When I start the piece from the beginning it doesn't happen again???

Upvote 0
yep, very similar to my problem although some of my affected recordings almost always cause problems even when replayed from the beginning, albeit not in the same place(s)

Upvote 0
Back