Logic Pro 9 Two automation questions.

oortone

Logician
1. PRECISION
On the Euphonix homepage I read the following regarding MC Mix and automating Logic "The Artist Series provides you with high-resolution, hands-on control". I don't have a control surface but in my experience the precision of the automation is equal to midi's 0-127. One example the gain on the LinearEQ can not be set to 0 once automated since 0.1 is represented by 64 and -0.2 by 63 in the Automation Event Lisy. That's definitely not "high resolution". Is there some secret way to increase the resoution?

2. AUTOMATION EVENT LIST
If I open Automation Event List I get the automation for the selected track. If I click the link button (chain) and select another track automation will no longer be shown. The Event List shows something else. I can't see the point here. Why isn't the automation of the selected track shown?

1. PRECISION
On the Euphonix homepage I read the following regarding MC Mix and automating Logic "The Artist Series provides you with high-resolution, hands-on control". I don't have a control surface but in my experience the precision of the automation is equal to midi's 0-127. One example the gain on the LinearEQ can not be set to 0 once automated since 0.1 is represented by 64 and -0.2 by 63 in the Automation Event Lisy. That's definitely not "high resolution". Is there some secret way to increase the resolution?

Using a control surface to perform and record the automation you get 10-bit resolution (1014 values) though you can;t see these increments in any list in Logic.

2. AUTOMATION EVENT LIST
If I open Automation Event List I get the automation for the selected track. If I click the link button (chain) and select another track automation will no longer be shown. The Event List shows something else. I can't see the point here. Why isn't the automation of the selected track shown?

Bad implementation (it switches to a regular Event List as soon as you engage Link). But if you open the Automation Event List for a track, then press the "Leave FOlder" button, you can see a list of Automation regions for ALL tracks: double click on another to "inside" and view that track's automation. You can go in and out this way to view all tracks as a list without leaving the dialog.

Jonathan Perl
www.macaudiotrainers.com

Upvote 0
Back