Logic Pro 8 Upgrade Logic 5?

Holty

Logician
Hi,
I've just been give an old Big Box Logic Audio 5.5.1. Can I upgrade this to Express 8, or do I just buy a full version of 8?

It's definitely a no. The upgrade to v. 8 was specifically limited to users who already owned either version 6 or version 7. Earlier versions were not included in the upgrade path.

Upvote 0
Any upgrade in those days probably cost more than the Fresh L8 does now!

Not to mention the hassle of sending in the old dongle to replace and proving you owned it by finding the CD that came with it that you can no longer find.

Upvote 0
I've just been give an old Big Box Logic Audio 5.5.1. Can I upgrade this to Express 8, or do I just buy a full version of 8?

Big Box 5/6 -> Logic Studio 8 upgrade: Canadian$299

Big Box 5/6 -> Logic Express 8 upgrade: C$99

Both are available here in Canada.

Upvote 0

Big Box 5/6 -> Logic Studio 8 upgrade: Canadian$299

Big Box 5/6 -> Logic Express 8 upgrade: C$99

Both are available here in Canada.

Oopsies - my bad. Zerobeat must be right, he works at Saved By Technology and so would know.

And now that I think of it a bit closer; I seem to recall that the upgrade was applied to v. 5 as well. Sorry about the misinformation. :redface:

Upvote 0
Thanks zerobeat.

For those in the UK, Apple store site confirms that the update for Logic 8 is for Logic Audio 5/6, Express 6/7. £64

See here

Thanks for all the replies.
Cheers

Upvote 0
For those in the UK, Apple store site confirms that the update for Logic 8 is for Logic Audio 5/6, Express 6/7. £64

See here

That might explain why there are stickers on all the Logic upgrade boxes (inside the cellophane) saying what qualifies. In the case of the ones here in Canada (whether you upgrade to Express or Studio), BigBox definitely qualifies, according to the sticker (and certainly according to those who have successfully upgraded this way).

Perhaps Apple put different stickers on the ones destined for the UK?

Strange.

But the curious thing is that even the Canadian AppleStore omits BigBox from their listing: apple.ca

But the physical product itself disagrees with this.

Upvote 0
Back