Legacy Apps Waveburner being a pain

mt100uk

Logician
Hi all, i've been having real problems recently with waveburner (so much so that I'm moving new projects to Triumph) unfortunately I still have quite a few older projects I need to get into. When opening a (current version) project (using latest waveburner version 1.6.1) it takes *ages* to load when it can't find an audio file, in the order of 1/2 hour (ie it takes 1/2 an hour to tell me it can't find it) there's no way I can recreate the original location (I've completely reorganised my filing system) has anyone got any clues/suggestions

I've not had to deal with this with WaveBurner. You obviously (and unfortunately) did yourself no favors by moving things around. So it takes 30 minutes for a WB project to load, and even then it tells you it can't find the files? Can't you locate the files for it at that point or are you not sure where they are? I don't see any other way around this, but I don't use WB too much so I may be missing something.

Upvote 0
Yeah, unfortunately with the number of tracks I've started working on I've had to completely re-jigger my file system, recording 30-45GB a week forces one to realise that no drive is ever going to be *big enough.* the arse of it is I know exactly where then are but there's no way of pre-empting before it starts looking (or is there?)

Upvote 0
I think it's possible to put things in their original location path and original name (if needed) and you will link up again. This may or may not be easy to do....

Upvote 0
Back