Logic Pro 9 What to do when Logic 9 crashes

beatattitude

Logician
1. Say "oh no, not again. Not after I've just done a whole day's work?!"
2. Realise that Logic 9 has not created backups of your song file today. Last backup was yesterday.
3. Realise that on crashing, logic has not saved a version of the song called "song.crashed" or similar, like it sometimes does.
4. Post a message to Logic User Group, in the hope that someone can tell me that there will be some recoverable file, somewhere on my hard drive from all the work I've done today...

What caused it to crash was "instantiating" a logic eq plugin on a track while logic was playing back. Cue the umbrella then logic disappears with a crash report, and the helpful question "do you want to restart logic?"

That is a serious philosophical question at this point.

Can anyone advise me on the answer to question 4?

Three suggestions:

Keep using the comm + s key command to save your work as you go along.

Please attach the crash log to a post here (please do NOT copy it into a message, it may not fit and makes the thread very difficult to read. There is no guarantee, but someone might see something indicating why the crash ocurred.
Mail Apple's logic feedback, and attach the crash log.

For you, the first suggestion is by far the most important. It is a fact of life that computer applications may and do crash, saving your work regularly as you go along is vital.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
A sage once came to me, as a young man in the beginning of something called "direct to disc" recording, what they said was to become to future of the craft I had learned from a young lad. He whispered some magic spell into my ear, that to this day has saved me from many, but not all, a dilemma:

Save, save, save... or you will PAY!

So I took this advice, and made a placard that had this wondrous saying upon it, put it up on the new video window into my magic machine, and to this day i have been lucky to have not lost more than an hour at worst of my hard creative work that will be gone forever if I forget.

So there it is....

Upvote 0
logic crashes a specific file

Can anyone please tell me what to do?
I was working on something and suddenly Logic crashed. It crashes every time I try to open the file, other files work.
This is the crash log i get and i don't understand it:

Process: Logic Pro [2074]
Path: /Applications/Logic Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Logic Pro
Identifier: com.apple.logic.pro
Version: 9.1.8 (1700.67)
Build Info: Logic-17006700~1
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [121]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2012-11-25 17:56:59.453 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8.2 (12C3006)
Report Version: 10

Interval Since Last Report: 308569 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 46
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 73055 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 40
Anonymous UUID: DF797A19-9F16-1402-EC09-EEFF2FB3B0C8

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000d51fdb4e

VM Regions Near 0xd51fdb4e:
CG backing stores 00000000c9ab4000-00000000cac1b000 [ 17.4M] rw-/rw- SM=SHM
-->
Submap 00000000ffff0000-00000000ffff1000 r--/r-- process-only submap

Application Specific Information:
abort() called

Upvote 0
Back