Logic Pro 9 Where are my plugins?????

eserebcin

Hello folks,
after screwing around with my harddrive moving bits and pieces around, I started up logic and found that none of my AU or 3rd party plugins show up. Where have they gone? or at least, where are they supposed to be?
Please help or I am fcuked!

Thank you in advance to the good samaritan who assists me in this, my hour of need...

Es

The are usually in a folder in your Library/audio/plug-ins/components in either the Library folder on your Mac hard drive, or the library that is in your user home folder, and have the extension ".component"

I suppose this is as good a time as any to suggest backing up ones system drive on a regular basis. I tell my tech clients that, and for some reason often they simply don't spend the cash on a BU drive and grab something like carbon copy cloner, which can be downloaded for free ;-)

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Thanks

Thank you for your help, i have located the plugins as you showed but still they are not showing up in logic, all my old projects now show a black line through the plugin name.

Upvote 0
Be aware that for Logic to operate properly, the components of Logic must reside in specific locations, if you moved or renamed any folders, is a no no.

:cool:

Upvote 0
... i have located the plugins as you showed but still they are not showing up in logic, all my old projects now show a black line through the plugin name.

A line through the plugin name sometimes indicates that a non-existent audio driver is selected. For example, if your old projects used an Audiowerk card and you now use the internal Mac audio, this will happen.

Check Logic Pro menu/Preferences/Audio
Look at Output device

Then check your channel strips in the Environment window.
What does it say in the Inspector? Should say Core Audio or whatever hardware you use. Strips from old songs may still have a non-existent device selected here.

Another possibility is that some plugins no longer function in your OS or were non-Intel plugs and you now have an Intel Mac, or they were VST plugins from a really old song file.

Check in a brand new song:
Can you open the plugins from there? All your available plugs should appear.

Upvote 0
Is it possible you started in 64 bit mode and so they are not appearing where you expect them to be?

Upvote 0
Back