Although the administrators and moderators of Logic Users Group Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Logic Users Group Forum, nor XenForo Ltd. (developers of xenForo) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.The owners of Logic Users Group Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any post or thread for any or no reason whatsoever. You also agree that in posting to a publically viewable forum, you waive any intellectual property rights to anything you may post.
Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for us to review all posted messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Furthermore, we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages all the time and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message and are not responsible for the contents of any message. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email.
We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. However, this is a manual process. So please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this forum, its owners, administrators, moderators and hosting company with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We at this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
1. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person´s privacy, or otherwise violative of any law, or that encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
2. As membership of the LUG is not restricted according to age you may not post any material or carry out any discussions unsuitable for minors.
3. You may not post, distribute, or otherwise make available or transmit material or make statements that do not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any forum. In other words, please stay on topic. We have set up forums for subjects of interest to our users - please post in the appropriate area. We will move posts and threads as necessary.
4. Before posting a question, please make use of the documentation that came with your software, and make use of the search function to see if the topic you wish to discuss is already on the forum. When posting about problems you are having, it is a requirement to include detailed information about your computer system.
This should, as a minimum, include the following:
Amount of RAM
Audio Hardware: Audio and Midi interfaces, DSP hardware
the exact OS version in use
the exact Logic Version in use
other audio software such as Audio Units or software, such as reason or melodyne which may be running linked to logic, including their respective version numbers.
For example:Computer: Mac Pro Dual Quad 3.0, 8 GB RAM
5. Please do not post the same message more than once - duplicated posts may be deleted, or the thread they are in locked.
6. If a post or thread is edited, moved, deleted or locked, and you wish to question that, please contact a moderator or administrator using the forum's private mail function. Please do not re-post a deleted or locked message. If you have posted such a message, a moderator may contact you as to why it was locked, moved or deleted, but we are not under any obligation to do so. We may also split or merge threads as required.
7. Please restrict your signature to a maximum of 6 lines, and please do not include large or otherwise obtrusive graphic objects in your signature. When embedding images in a post, please note that they may have a maximum width of no more than 600 pixels, otherwise the layout of the forum may be compromised.
8. No piracy! This site is here to be used by and provide help for honest owners of software licences for logic and a great variety of other software products. We highly value intellectual property rights, expecting help in using pirate software is completely unnaceptable. No posts that appear to be asking for help with, justifying the use of or discussing pirate software will be allowed. Attempts to get help or discuss the use of pirated software may result in your being banned
9. No "hate posts" referring abusively to race, religion, sexual orientation, appearance or anything of the like will be allowed.
10. You may not use any deep-link, page-scrape, robot, spider or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the site or any content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the site or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the site. We reserve the right to bar any such activity.
11. You may not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity.
12. You may not engage in antisocial, disruptive, or destructive acts, including "flaming”, "spamming", "flooding", "trolling" and "griefing" as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet. While differences of opinion are expected and may be openly aired, personal attacks will not be tolerated and may result in a warning, moderation or even ban.
13. You may not engage in or publish advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes and solicitations on this forum, or otherwise sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicit others or use any forum for commercial purposes of any kind. Please note that classifieds, posted in the appropriate section of the forum, are allowed
14. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this forum.
15. Please discuss issues you have with your audio hardware and software. One of the main aims of the forum is to provide useful feedback about problems being encountered by logic users. Constructive, rational, well founded criticism, bug reports, suggestions for improvements or adding features and so on are most welcome, and may be regarded as central to the purpose of the LUG.
But please do so in a manner which is not demeaning, disrespectful or in any way insulting to any individuals or companies involved with the development of any products concerned. We hope that the forum is being read by developers, we equally hope that there will be plenty of helpful feedback as to what is not working as well as it should, what features are missing etc. The LUG has been good at this for very many years.
The forum is independently run, so any such activity on the part of developers, QA staff etc. is entirely voluntary. They are under no obligation to read what is posted here. As understanding as it may be that some problems can be frustrating, particularly if they are not solved as fast as the user may hope, we will not tolerate any form of ranting, bashing, insulting, sideswipes etc. Please help to make everyone welcome and interested in helping with issues - a polite, friendly tone is essential to ensuring this.
Anyone repeatedly venting their frustrations in any such manner may be moderated or even banned. We are anxious to avoid any such situation and we will step in to prevent discussions deteriorating into repeated moaning and bashing. We wish the LUG to be a friendly, caring community of logic users, we are convinced that it is possible to carry out critical discussions without resorting to any such behaviour. It does not serve the interests of the community as a whole.
Finally - as we may from time to time revise the rules, please return here periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes made.