Logic Pro 9 2 masters and 1 secondary computer

Hi,

I'm setting up a Studio B work station. I presently have 1 main MacPro and 1 secondary MP hosting Vienna Ensemble Pro server. Does anyone know if it would be possible for 2 master computers to address the same secondary computer?

If the Studio B computer was addressing different projects within the VEP server, different than the ones being accessed by the Studio A main computer.. would that work? It sounds dicey but perhaps someone is doing this? It sure would save money in terms of buying a secondary computer for Studio B. It's probably too good to be true

just wondering,

Judith

Thinking about the way VEPro works, you might be able to do it. If you have a server with multiple Vframes loaded (a Vframe is 1 ensemble) it might work... each master would access a different vframe.

Issues: streaming and CPU. You would only be able to access about half of the slave from each master. It would take a bit of planning, but I think it might work actually.

I say try it. If it works, yea! If not, then get a second slave.

That said, with my understanding of how the system works, you should be able to do this ok.

George Leger III