Logic Pro 9 3 questions

Edgold

Logician
1. I finally upgraded to Lion and I'm sorry I did. (I've had endless problems with it.) Where do I place the Logic files in Lion, (I was on with Lion tech support at great length this past week and apparently it makes a difference.) music or documents or elsewhere?

2. How do I edit my signature. I've forgotten and want to reflect that I'm running Logic 9.15 instead of 9:14.

3. And how do I quickly find my posts on the forum?

Can't help with Loin, but:

2. Quick Links in the navbar above right:

User Control Panel Edit signature

3. ControlPanel > Profile > Statistics > Find posts

PS, it's best to ask the forum questions in a separate thread, e.g. in the Discuss the LUG site forum

Upvote 0
1. I finally upgraded to Lion and I'm sorry I did. (I've had endless problems with it.) Where do I place the Logic files in Lion, (I was on with Lion tech support at great length this past week and apparently it makes a difference.) music or documents or elsewhere?

2. How do I edit my signature. I've forgotten and want to reflect that I'm running Logic 9.15 instead of 9:14.

3. And how do I quickly find my posts on the forum?

You can save a Logic doc in the folder of your choice, preferably on a hard drive other than your system drive for best performance.

My strategy was to install lion on an external drive that contained a clone of my current install.

So that I could play around with Lion, AND keep a working system.

I'll just monitor OSX and app updates and switch when the cake is baked.

:cool:

Upvote 0
With all the problems I've had with Lion and Logic, I don't dare do this at the moment. It's possible when I get all my usable files off the external disk I can erase and reformat it and do as you suggest but right now I think it will only make matters worse to put Lion on it.

I will probably phone Lion tech support one more time (I hope) this morning.

Upvote 0
Logic 9.1.5 with OSX Lion (10.7.1) on MBP 17" 2.66 i7, 8gig RAM.
3 Firewire Drives, Fireface 800, Yamaha EX5 as keyboard controller, Yamaha DM2000 as control surface.
No problems here.
Good Luck
Ciao
Gio

Upvote 0
Back