Logic Pro (X) 64 bit question

rainguitar

Logician
O.K. I'm a dinosaur. I've been using Logic in 32bit mode because my machine only has 4 gigs of ram. Consequently I've never had to worry about whether my 3rd party plugins were 32 or 64 bit. But if I buy Logic Pro X everything has to be 64 bit. How can I tell whether a plug in is 32 or 64 bit?

Boot up Logic 9 in 64 bit. Even though there's no advantage with only four GB of ram, you can certainly run L9 in 64 bit mode. Once you launch in 64 bit mode it should rescan your plug-ins. Then when you go to insert plug-ins, you will see a separate category for the 32 bit versions within the drop down menu.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Is there a way to tell if Logic is running in 32 or 64 bit mode? Also, how do you boot Logic into 64 bit mode and back to 32 bit mode?

Thanks,

Upvote 0
Hi,

Is there a way to tell if Logic is running in 32 or 64 bit mode? Also, how do you boot Logic into 64 bit mode and back to 32 bit mode?

Thanks,

Find the Logic Pro app, usually in Applications

Right Click on the app and select ""Get Info" (or CTRL click)

Toggle on/off "Open in 32 Bit mode"

Stuart

Upvote 0
Hi,

I just wanted to get the info on Logic. I'm going to hold off upgrading to Logic Pro X until the first update so the early bugs can be ironed out.

Thanks,

Upvote 0
Back