Logic Pro 9 Adjusting colors/contrast of the Mute and Solo buttons

Atlas

Logician
Does it exist a way to increase the vividness of the Solo and Mute buttons colors/contrast in Logic (Mixer or Channel strips)?
I already tried with the Mac display setup to no satisfying result.
Is this my age, or I find these to be too faint to ease their actuation...
I often find myself having to zoom in the view to actually check if these are lit or not...

There is no "official" way, but it is possible to edit or replace any of the graphics.

CTRL click on the Logic App, then Show Package Contents. In the folder called resources you will find the relevant tiff files, which you can edit with Photoshop or similar.
Before doing this, make a backup as this is a hack and definitely not supported.

Note that any Logic updates will of course overwrite any changes you did to the graphics files.

Upvote 0
Tangra, of Audio Grocery fame offers this GUI for free
http://www.audiogrocery.com/gui_deluxe.htm

Here's another option:
http://ampguimods.net/logic_mods.html

Many useful tips and ideas here:
http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=231387&highlight=color

It gets a bit fiddly, but it's possible to create a custom GUI by borrowing your favorite elements from various sources. I suggest option dragging the Resources folder (to the desktop or some other safe place) to have a backup of the originals in case things get out of control.:D

Then for a given source of images, select all, then control click to assign them a unique label color in order to keep straight where they came from. Then, option drag an image into the Resources folder. Start up Logic to see the results. If you don't like it, then go back the Resources folder to easily find the colored image to be replaced with the original or one from another source.

It's a good idea to duplicate and alter name of the Logic App in the Application folder. Experiment with the resources in the dupe app. That way if things really get out of control, you can simply trash the dupe app without losing the original unaltered version of Logic.

Upvote 0
In a word, yes.

I started looking for ways to modify the GUI as a new user of L8. The built-in appearance preference in Cubase, and Amplidood's pre-DP Themes mods were much appreciated for what they did for on-screen appeal.

A well known Logic pro stated that it's beauty is under the hood in terms of cpu efficiency. Having used other DAW, I do keep that in mind because it is a fact.

But on-screen eye candy is nothing to dismiss either.

At any rate, the safest approach would be to create a duplicate of Logic per Amplidood instructions. Name it Logic Mod Pro or similar. Then conduct your GUI experiments on the dupe. You can always trash the dupe and continue to use the original, unmodified Logic Pro.app.

Some folks were having problems when installing Logic updates because the updater was expecting to see "Logic Pro.app". They (me:D) either didn't make a dupe with a modified name, or, the Logic Pro.app name was modified.

It was a simple matter to correct the name so that the update could occur. Use of a dupe side steps this issue.

The Audio Grocery installer makes this pretty much a slam-dunk success in terms modifying and restoring to the original state.

If playing with the Amplidood mod files, I would option-drag the Logic Resources folder (Show Package Contents>Contents>Resources) to the desk top to have a backup of the original files. The next step is optional. I would open the step 5 folder, Select All, then right-click on one of them to Label the files with a color, before dragging them into the Resources folder in the Contents folder. That way they are easy to identify if you want to selectively change them with the originals, or select files from another source.

Of course the easiest way to restore to original would be to drag the original Resources folder back into the Contents folder.

You can PM me or post here with additional questions.

Best,

wv

Upvote 0
In fairness I should say, I have no problems with Logic's UI, but feel obliged to comment:

Before doing this, make a backup as this is a hack and definitely not supported.

I hope anybody considering making any such "changes under the hood" will remember this. While most users would not expect that swapping graphic files may cause any problems, nobody can or should give any guarantee or make any sort of claim that this will not ever cause problems.

Personally, I wouldn't do anything like that with any application I use commercially.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
In fairness I should say, I have no problems with Logic's UI, but feel obliged to comment:

I hope anybody considering making any such "changes under the hood" will remember this. While most users would not expect that swapping graphic files may cause any problems, nobody can or should give any guarantee or make any sort of claim that this will not ever cause problems.

Personally, I wouldn't do anything like that with any application I use commercially.

kind regards

Mark

Wise words.

This is not for everyone.

My advice would be for folks interested in GUI mods to ask questions at the thread linked below which was started 3 summers ago and still going strong.
http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/vi...ighlight=color

My experience has been that the Audio Grocery installer is as safe as it gets.

Upvote 0
My experience has been that the Audio Grocery installer is as safe as it gets.
Thanks for the comments Mr.WL !
Yes you are 100% right.
I have designed the Audiogrocery (A.G) Free GUI as a self extracting installation which offers both: the A.G new GUI design and the original Logic GUI "revert" install. No errors are possible in this scenario cause both install packs are programed to replace the graphics in a proper way and this does not require any extra knowledge regarding paths etc as well as it does not consume any time.
The Logic Package Contents folder can be compared to the NI Kontakt sampler "Resource Container" i.e you work with pure image graphic files. There is a little risk about manual replacement that's why the factory Installer is better like the A.G one which can be compared to the final NI Kontakt resource container NKR monolith file which contains the graphics etc.
Regards,
A.G

Upvote 0
Back