Logic Pro X all audio and click records onto new track

madhatter2104

When i am recording all previously recorded material and click record onto the new track am using logic pro X 10.4.4 with a steinberg UR22.

BigQStudios

Logician
I am having this same issue. When I hit record, it records the click and previously recorded tracks as if through an external mic?? My sound card in and out is set to X-USB and not internal mic. Did you ever resolve this issue??

Upvote 0

fuzzfilth

Logician
This only ever happens because of one of the two same possible reasons:

a) you record through a microphone while a loudspeaker is playing back (yes, headphones are loudspeakers too and if they're loud enough you will hear them on a recording)

b) your audio interface routes the mix output back to the recording input/s

Upvote 0

BigQStudios

Logician
Thanks for the info. Can't be A, there is no microphone in the signal. Guitar signal goes into Axe FX II XL then Ch.01 on my interface (Behringer X-32 compact) USB takes it to my iMac. It has to be an interface routing issue. Well I'm whittling down what it's not.. Thanks again. I welcome idea's....Mike..

Upvote 0

BigQStudios

Logician
This issue was fixed as follows: iMacs default audio output is always the jack on the back. Although hooked up via USB and appearing in the sound card output tab, I have to physically select X-USB or it stays as Output jack.. When not recording I have the output jack ran back into the board then out through it's mains. This also creates a feedback loop if trying to record. So, every time I was going to record using my board I have to open sound card and select X-USB. Thanks for ideas and suggestions...

Upvote 0