All Third-Party Plugins Are Unavailable After macOS Catalina 10.15 Update

X3IV

Logician
I recently updated to macOS Catalina 10.15 and all of my third party VSTs and AUs are unavailable. I am usually pretty good about updating my software, so it could not have been a major update for my computer.
I have a template that has Serato Sample, and this is the message that it gives me . . . and the Serato Sample plugin is faded with an orange circle with a white exclamation mark on top of it.

My current Logic version is 10.4.8. Suggestions/help of any kind would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Before  Template is Opened.png
    Before Template is Opened.png
    122 KB · Views: 213
  • In Template.png
    In Template.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 236
Are your 3rd party plugins are all compatible with catalina, did you make sure they are prior to upgrading? First thing to check is if they are current, and, most importantly, they need to be 64 bit, 32 bit plugins will not work in catalina. FWIW, I am running well over 1000 Audio Units on a test catalina drive.

kind regards

Mark

I just checked all of the websites of my plugins. Three of the four that I have: YellowNoiseAudio Drum Extract, iZotope Vinyl, and iZotope Neuron 3 Elements are all 64-bit. Although it didn't say anything about being 64-bit, one of Serato Sample's requirements was macOS Catalina 10.15. Any idea what the issue might be?

I have no idea what your issue might be. Going on experience,the cause/causes may be found in some detail in your system, or something you may have done. In order to even start making guesses, it would be necessary to know a lot about your system. Do any of the plugins you listed show up in logic's Plugin Manager? Have you checked their status there? Also, after you upgraded to Catalina (from which OS?), on first launching Logic, there should have been an Audio Unit scan, and this should have indicated if anything was wrong.

kind regards

Mark

Last edited:
I've checked my Plugin Manager, and none of my are plugins are listed. When I opened Logic after the update, I don't think I saw a plugin scan. I've also tried to recan my plugins, which results in just a blank pop-up page:

Attachments

• Plugin Manager Rescan Window.png
    Plugin Manager Rescan Window.png
    453.9 KB · Views: 212
I just checked and saw that my Components folder was empty, so I copied them back in. Not sure why they were outside. But that was the problem! Thank you so much! Really Appreciate it!

And for those of you looking through this thread that have the same problem, to get to the Components folder:
Finder > Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components

I just checked and saw that my Components folder was empty, so I copied them back in. Not sure why they were outside. But that was the problem! Thank you so much! Really Appreciate it!

And for those of you looking through this thread that have the same problem, to get to the Components folder:
Finder > Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components

You’re welcome.

Back