Logic Pro (X) Altering settings in Logic Pro X software synths.

Rod24953

Logician
Hello there

I'm relatively new to Logic Pro X and when using a software instrument, I find that in some cases - I can't access the actual Software instrument's controls to adjust settings (e.g. Resonance, Cutoff etc.) For example, when I open a Software instrument track, using Lingering Pad, I can open up the synth. logo showing in the panel at the top of the Library strip and see the EXS24, where I can adjust settings. However, when using a different pad, say Jupiter Rising I can still see an icon of a synth at the top of the Library strip, but when clicked, it won't open up to show any instrument controls. I wonder, is this a bug, or is it siumply the case that I can't alter settings in some Software instruments.

Best wishes

Rod

That particular patch consists of two instances of retro synth along with a number of effects. You need to access the individual channel strips making up the complete instrument. Look for a litte white triangle, either right at the bottome of the channel strip in the mixer, or to the left of the track name in the main window. Click on it, you will then see a number if individual tracks/channel strips being revealed, showing all the components that are part of this preset.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
That particular patch consists of two instances of retro synth along with a number of effects. You need to access the individual channel strips making up the complete instrument. Look for a litte white triangle, either right at the bottome of the channel strip in the mixer, or to the left of the track name in the main window. Click on it, you will then see a number if individual tracks/channel strips being revealed, showing all the components that are part of this preset.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Hello there

Thanks for your prompt reply. I've had a look for the white arrow you mentioned and I can see one at the top of the Instrument strip and another in the Mixer strip (See attached MS Word doc). The arrow at the top of the Instrument strip didn't seem to reveal much, but the one in the Mixer section is just what I'd hoped for. A real result, I can now see and adjust both Retro Synths and anything else I need.

How on earth did you know that, it's not entirely intuitive. Thanks so much for the help, much appreciated.

Rest wishes

Rod

Attachments

• Jupiter Rising.jpg
    Jupiter Rising.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 203
Upvote 0
You're welcome Rod. As to how I knew, as a user of logic for well over 25 years I suppose I've managed to learn how to use (at least some of) it :)

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
You're welcome Rod. As to how I knew, as a user of logic for well over 25 years I suppose I've managed to learn how to use (at least some of) it :)

kind regards

Mark

kind regards

Mark

I have used Logic when it was Logic 9 and then, I went over to Reason about 5 years ago and must confess, I'm pleased I've reverted back to Logic. You certainly know your way around it and I appreciate your help.

Best wishes

Rod

Upvote 0
Back