Logic Pro X Always rescans audio units on startup

Hi,

Logic is constantly re-scanning audio units on startup. How can I stop this.

Mac OS sierra 10.12.6 (16G29)

Logic v.10.4.0

Thanks,

Quefijo

W23

I’d love to hear an answer to this as well. Logic scans all 132 of my 3rd party AUs every time I start. It’s a tiny bit annoying

W23

I got an answer to this from the KVR forums. It worked! I did both things suggested. I’ll just paste the info here for future reference:

I've heard of this behavior before. It was usually either a permissions issue related to the AudioUnits cache or some old Waves waveshells not scanning correctly, so Logic gets stuck in a loop rescannning them on every launch. I would check the caches folder:

~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache

There should be a decently sized com.apple.audiounits.cache file in there. If there isn't or it's 0kb, then maybe something is preventing it from being written. Try deleting the whole AudioUnitCache folder and let Logic recreate it. Maybe that will fix it. Also check ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components to see if there are multiple waveshells present, which can sometimes clash with each other. Over the years I've had to run the Waves AU reg utility to fix issues with their plugins. It used to be found in the Applications/Waves/Waveshells folder.