Logic Pro (X) Always rescans audio units on startup

Quefijo

Hi,

Logic is constantly re-scanning audio units on startup. How can I stop this.

Mac OS sierra 10.12.6 (16G29)

Logic v.10.4.0

Thanks,

Quefijo

I’d love to hear an answer to this as well. Logic scans all 132 of my 3rd party AUs every time I start. It’s a tiny bit annoying

Upvote 0
I got an answer to this from the KVR forums. It worked! I did both things suggested. I’ll just paste the info here for future reference:

I've heard of this behavior before. It was usually either a permissions issue related to the AudioUnits cache or some old Waves waveshells not scanning correctly, so Logic gets stuck in a loop rescannning them on every launch. I would check the caches folder:

~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache

There should be a decently sized com.apple.audiounits.cache file in there. If there isn't or it's 0kb, then maybe something is preventing it from being written. Try deleting the whole AudioUnitCache folder and let Logic recreate it. Maybe that will fix it. Also check ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components to see if there are multiple waveshells present, which can sometimes clash with each other. Over the years I've had to run the Waves AU reg utility to fix issues with their plugins. It used to be found in the Applications/Waves/Waveshells folder.

Upvote 0
Hello Guys,
Finally I have found a permanent solution to this issue.
1.Copy All files from Macintosh HD /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/
2.Paste to Macintosh HD/Users/your user name/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/
3.Click on Replace All

Next time when you start logic it will scan all audio units only once and the scan wont reoccur in every subsequent startup.

Best Wishes :)

Upvote 0
And now you have 2 copies of each plugin - one in /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components and one in ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

Upvote 0
Hello Guys,
Finally I have found a permanent solution to this issue.
1.Copy All files from Macintosh HD /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/
2.Paste to Macintosh HD/Users/your user name/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/
3.Click on Replace All

Next time when you start logic it will scan all audio units only once and the scan wont reoccur in every subsequent startup.

Best Wishes :)
I am having similar problems. I tried to follow your suggestion but after I copy the files and go to Macintosh HD/Users/your user name/ there is no folder called Library so no sub-folders under my folder. Is there a fix for this? Thanks. Tom S

Upvote 0
I had these same issues for some months now. I actually stopped using logic to get around it.
Finally got back to trying today.

Move all my components out of the /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ folder as stated above and that still didn't work.

It turns out in my case that it was Melodyne or the version of it that I had installed.

I uninstalled it and deleted the component and it started working for me again.

I hope that helps somebody.

I found this approach through a process of copying all of the files to my desktop and then moving them back in a few at a time, and restarting logic to see if it worked.
Then I would close logic, move a few more into the folder, and repeat the process.

In any case, good luck. It sucks to be locked out when inspiration strikes, or you have work to do.

Upvote 0
I had this problem!! Here is how i fixed it....

STEP 1.
Deleted this Folder
~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache
This allowed Logic to re write it.

STEP 2.
I Went to each of the following folders and deleted all Duplicates (if your not sure which are duplicates, look at the date each one was created. Delete the ones that are before the date you started having problems) But only delete if it has a duplicate!
Components
VST
VST3
Avid->Audio->Plugins
Application support-->Digidesign-->Plugins

STEP 3.
I restarted Logic, Allowed it to scan plugins, then once in logic, close it down and quit completely, Then Re entered, on this entry you should not have a problem any longer!

Also check ~/ Applications/Waves/Waveshells folder. and delete duplicates

Upvote 0
Back