Logic Pro (X) Amazingly easy-to-use flex pitch!

Fabulowsky

Logician
I used melodyne quite often recently, I must say I don't miss it because i think
it is remarkable how easy it is to change the vibrato, the pitch drift and the gain with the grab handles (all around the note rectangle) immediate access, no need for time consuming keyboard shortcut between edits ...very smart !
Not to mention about how nice the local inspector is on the top of that, like quantizing is a piece of cake with the strengh slider !
Again the track sample edit view is great here too ... (double click on any audio file to get it fast)

Nerdy Nerdington reporting in again:)

I recorded a short vocal in L10. I then copied it to a new track. On the new track I lit the gain plugin on it and flipped the phase. I then went back to the first track and turned on flex pitch. I first played them together without flipping the phase and they were louder as expected. I then flipped the phase with flex turned off of track one and they cancelled out. I then tuned on flex pitch and they did not cancel out. Not even close. Finally, I changed flex algorithms to mono, and polyphonic. Both of those cancelled out. So yes, flex pitch is doing something to the audio without one even changing any pitch. Does anyone ( beside me) really care? Probably not. I'm going to try Melodyne with the same test out of curiosity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Let me know the result - I'm definitely curious.
Melodyne nulls with the normal, unflexed track. The flexed track and Melodyne to no null as in in my first experiment. The flex track doesn't sound "exactly" like the normal track. Once again, most people wont' be able to tell and that's great! Hell, I probably won't be able to tell most of the time and will continue to use and master it. For mission critical work or where flex is leaving too many artifacts I'll have to go back to Melodyne. It's great we have so many more options now!! BTW, Melodyne sounds like a restaurant for seniors.

Upvote 0
Good to know. I agree options are good, and having flex inside Logic is a very nice feature. I do have Melodyne as well, and will certainly use it for polyphonic material.

And it does sound like a restaurant for seniors .....

Upvote 0
Back