Logic Pro 9 another "deleting strips" thread...but different

hsdrecording

Logician
ok, so sometimes i have some unused channel strips and i want to delete them. i highlight them in the arrange window and press delete, and poof, theyre gone. other times, they wont go away!! no audio, no plugs, nothing. just a track in my way. press delete, Delete, DELETE..... and it just sits there, staring. of course i can just drag it off the screen and it deletes, but just curious if theres some trick, or if this is just a bug.
thanks
rob

The function for deleting unused tracks (and their associated channel strips) has been partially broken in Logic since version 8. What I've found is that if you have automation written to tracks, the delete unused function will only partially work as expected (deleting some instances of unused tracks while leaving others). Could this be the case with your project?

Upvote 0
Tracks that appear empty but contain automation data will prevent Delete Unused (in the Track local menu) from working.

A quick way to check is to use the View>Track Automation menu or the key command: "A".

Upvote 0
no automation on the tracks. i have some templates i use. one example.... i have one for rappers that bring a stereo track and its set up with enough tracks for the beat, hook and 3 rappers. well, sometimes, theres only one rapper, so that leaves about 8 unused tracks with absolutely no automation, no plugs, nothing. just empty tracks that have never been used. and when i select them and delete, no delete. again, i can drag them off and they go poof and are gone. so i can still get rid of them, not really a big deal. and ive never try the delete unused feature. but sometimes, with the same template, they will delete just by selecting and deleting. and its not only this template. i have others, and get the same results. theres no pattern, just random. wondering if i have to tap my left pinky toe four times on the side of my comp or something for it to work. thanks for the replies guys.

Upvote 0
What happens if you open Logic's Empty template, add tracks, then try to delete them?

If it works, then it could mean that your other templates may be corrupt files.

Upvote 0
same thing. even if dont use a template and just add a bunch of tracks so they are there, but then they dont delete when i find i didnt need them all. im going to guess its a bug of some sort. thanks for the help. maybe ill reinstall logic and see if it solves some of the other weird issues i have like this.

Upvote 0
Back