Logic Pro (X) anybody seen this?

tooloud

Logician
I get this message when trying to load any sound to LPX from the library..... it's like the link to the content has gone missing.... I did have to reinstall the OS a few days ago... I tried to manually refresh content, but nothing.

The patch is from an older version of MainStage. Open the patch in MainStage 3 or later, export it again, then open it in Logic Pro.

OK... but surely that doesn't mean "every" patch?

I've bypassed the problem by reinstalling Logic and all content. Solved. BUT!!! and now I have a new issue which I only discovered by opening an old Logic 9 doc and I had missing .exs sounds. I tried to load them manually in exs24 but I get a message that they are not valid exs instruments. eg.... Bluegrass Banjo... I searched and found the .exs file in Lib/App Support/Garageband/Insrument Lib.... but "none" of these sounds are recognised in LPX via the EXS sampler.

Upvote 0
Also tried moving the Garageband Sample Instruments and Samples into Logic's EXS folder (and even though it shows in EXS24) it still tells me they are not valid .exs files.

Upvote 0
thanks Colin, but no. I didn't change any naming protocols. I'm trying to reinstall LP9 content and then reinstall LPX.... see if that relinks everything in the expected order.

Upvote 0
Back