Apogee maestro 2 problem

Lauren2010

Logician
I upgraded to lion, installed new apogee duet s/w and drivers.

When I load a logic project, I uncheck the s/w monitor button, but the maestro 2 mixer screen does not have the button under the s/w return faders to enable low level mixing. No mic audio is being sent to the headphones when the logic s/w monitor button is unchecked. System press and logic press show duet enabled for in and out.

Anyone know why that button is missing from my maestro mixer screen or in general how to get low latency mixing enabled using maestro 2. My maestro 2 panel also does not show headphone controls like it shows in the manual.

I suspect a WH or driver problem because I also can't get my acoustic guitar into instrument 2 connection on the duet.

I hope I'm instead having a senior moment and I am just forgetting to do something easy. Frustrating.

Got it working. Rebooted everything again, and this time it's working. Happens again I'll uninstall maestro and reinstall.

FYI If anyone reads this and has an issue with the Ensemble, I was informed by Apogee that you will have to revert to 1.9x to get the low latency mixer, it doesn't work in V2. And when you go back to 9 and look at the Adat outputs, track 8 being up to 0 regardless of any actual input levels is a bug.

George Leger III

...you will have to revert to 1.9x to get the low latency mixer, it doesn't work in V2. And when you go back to 9 and look at the Adat outputs, track 8 being up to 0 regardless of any actual input levels is a bug...

Thanks for the FYI, George. I do not have this hardware, but appreciate the heads up.

It is incomprehensible that this sort of glitch would be dealt with by suggesting a reversion to a prior revision with a known bug. Can you tell me the timeline for when Apogee acknowledged the ADAT bug in 1.9, to the release of V2, to their suggestion to revert back to 1.9? And how long this situation has endured?

I am appreciating my mic-pres with hardware mixer/monitors more when I hear of stuff like this...

It's been a while. We use the Ensemble we have in stand alone mode, it's strictly an A/D-D/A unit, so the FW is not connected. The only way to program it to work like this was the older version of Maestro. So it is an unusual situation, in Apogee's defense.

Still, it has been frustrating, and cost me a bunch of time, and a couple of tech support calls.

George

Same problem here - using Apogee ONE and Maestro 2 - no monitoring at input. Everything else worked well - it sounds good, this unit. It behaved correctly when I installed 1.9. So far so good.

Back