Logic Pro 9 Apple has bought Redmatica

Colin Shapiro

Logician
I'm posting here because I have no doubt it will impact on Logic 9 and beyond.

I just read that Apple has bought Redmatica:
http://cnet.co/LGIuGv

I have used Redmatica's great products for years - I'm sure many others here do too. I've always thought that the software was superb and recommended ProManager/EXSManager to many people.

To Andrea Gozzi of Redmatica:
Molto bravo!! Hope this was a good deal for you and that your software continues to grow under Apple.

Regards - Colin

Colin,

Thanks for posting this.

I too have been a big fan of Redmatica (Keymap, Autosampler, and Pro Manager). Andrea was always patient (and on target) in dealing with user issues over at the main product forum.

Hopefully this is a sign of exciting things to come.

Upvote 0
Nicely said Colin. I'm a huge redmatica fan myself.

Hope this news will finally quiet those who've been speculating that logic development is dead.

Kind reagards

Upvote 0
I agree, this is excellent news! Not only are Redmatica's products (and Andrea) great, but it bodes well for Apple's future Logic/DAW plans with regards to EXS 24 , third party software sampler support, etc.

Upvote 0
I'm just hoping that Keymap and ProManager will continue to be supported and not just die like SoundDiver did. [For those who don't go that far back, SoundDiver was acquired by Apple when they bought out Emagic, which is where Logic came from.]

Upvote 0
Under Apple's normal time lines, a new version of Logic should be out soon. This acquisition makes me wonder if they will delay the new version in order to integrate Redmatica.

Upvote 0
Last summer would have been the two year point of Logic 9 - that should have
been their normal release time in my mind. Final Cut Pro still follows that cycle, if I remember correctly.

Upvote 0
I believe that Logic Pro 7 was released in Fall 2004 and Logic Pro 8 was released in Fall 2007. But while that was a 3-year gap, the gap between Logic Pro 8 and Logic Pro 9 was shorter. So I believe the pattern has been to not stick with a pattern. :hippy:

Orren

Upvote 0
Here's what I (and others) got today as an e-mail..... Looks pretty official to me. I wish Andrea good fortune - hope Apple treats him right.

"Dear Redmatica Customer,
After eight wonderful years of developing creative sampling tools, I have decided to close Redmatica to pursue other interests. Thank you for all your patronage!

Andrea Gozzi, Founder"

Upvote 0
The silence is deafening...

Not a peep from Andrea over at the Mac OS X Redmatica forum which is in stark contrast to how quickly he would respond to user issues, a consistent pattern over the years.

The forum is now suddenly renamed "KeyMap & AutoSampler"
http://www.macosxaudio.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=33

At first glance, the omission of ProManger in the forum title caught my eye. According to G (owner & administrator of the forum), it was matter of limited space in the thread title box. The forum will continue to address all former Redmatica products. Andrea Gozzi is still the moderator.

Having gone through the EAS to RND transitional period (that spanned a period to 3 months or something like that) to allow users time to decide whether or not to sign up with RND), receiving the Redmatica installers and SN#s yesterday, while much appreciated, seemed like an abrupt ending without time to really process the situation. No doubt that was part of the business plan.

I'm not a sports fan but many years ago, Stephen King wrote a piece in USA Today that essentially stated the real talent of the Boston Red Sox was it's ability to keep the fans wondering...whether or not they would get into and win the World Series.

Maybe it's time for Mr. King to write piece about Apple and Logic.

Logic: Like Lyle, I Lovette! :thmbup:

Upvote 0
Eli said:
If he doesn't, then we know for sure that he's gone to work for Apple

Ouch! Sad but true in a way. Regardless, he owes no one an explanation although I'm sure there are people quite curious and interested. I'm OK with the whole process. Good software, it does what I paid for it to do. And if Apple does indeed incorporate it I'm sure it will be a plus for Logic users, especially those who don't own Redmatica products. May I live long enough to see a new version..... ;)

Upvote 0
Not a peep from Andrea over at the Mac OS X Redmatica forum which is in stark contrast to how quickly he would respond to user issues, a consistent pattern over the years.

The forum is now suddenly renamed "KeyMap & AutoSampler"
http://www.macosxaudio.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=33

At first glance, the omission of ProManger in the forum title caught my eye. According to G (owner & administrator of the forum), it was matter of limited space in the thread title box. The forum will continue to address all former Redmatica products. Andrea Gozzi is still the moderator.

<- G :D

Yes, Andrea is still moderator and a "company rep" until the 12th, just like the deadline in the email we all received. Then he promised to stick around with us normal folks.

I'm not sure what's looming on the 12th, but it is interesting that WWDC begins the day before. I wonder if he's packing to visit us here in the Bay Area? Here's hoping for great things. For everyone.

Upvote 0
Back