• Welcome to Logic Users Group V2.0.4

We have a few new features and changes See here

Logic Pro 8 Apple Loops - Logic 8

If anyone can help that would be appreciated as this is my first post. When I installed Logic a year ago it installed Apple Loops to my Macbook Pros harddrive. After getting tight on harddrive space I move the 34 gig Apple Loops directory to an external harddrive. As you all know Logic cannot find the Apple Loops folder on the external drive. How can I redirect Logic to look in the Apple Loops folder on the external drive?

I see that many do not like the new format. Change is always inevitable. I like the new format. Great job Admins! :)

Thank you in advance,

Howie

Orren Merton

Logic Samurai / Administrator
Staff member
How can I redirect Logic to look in the Apple Loops folder on the external drive?
If you drag your Apple Loops into the Browser window, Logic will re-index them at their current location. This will bring them all back. You can just select the top-level folder they're all in, and drag that folder onto the Browser window, you don't need to individually drag them all.

I like the new format. Great job Admins! :)
Thanks! :)

Orren

If anyone can help that would be appreciated as this is my first post. When I installed Logic a year ago it installed Apple Loops to my Macbook Pros harddrive. After getting tight on harddrive space I move the 34 gig Apple Loops directory to an external harddrive. As you all know Logic cannot find the Apple Loops folder on the external drive. How can I redirect Logic to look in the Apple Loops folder on the external drive?

I see that many do not like the new format. Change is always inevitable. I like the new format. Great job Admins! :)

Thank you in advance,

Howie
Hey Orren... thanks for the 'QUICK' reply to my post about Apple loops. It worked like a charm. I was able to drag some other loops into the media library as well. This is a great forum to be a part of.

Thanks a million... Howie

you have to re-index the loops.
make coffee.
open Logic.
open the loop browser and drag the loops to the browser.
drink the coffee.

* note to self; check if other's have answered BEFORE writing an answer.