Logic Pro 9 Arrange Page Display Question

bayswater

Logician
Sorry if this is obvious, but I'm not finding anything on how to change the display for audio regions in the Arrange window. How do I get it to show both channels of stereo audio? Opening it in the Waveform editor shows both channels.

Yes, since posting this, I just found out that a) the top and bottom of the waveform show the left and right channels, and b) the feature was added to Logic X.

Upvote 0
a) the top and bottom of the waveform show the left and right channels
Hmmm!:confused: I thought you meant the separate display of the stereo "à-la-ProTools". Logic uses interlaced stereo I believe, so it is why you get that kind of compound stereo waveform display.

b) the feature was added to Logic X.
That I would like to see! Could you post a screen capture here?
Yes, the separate display of left and right (a la every other DAW) IS what I was looking for. The compound waveform is all I could find. I don't think it's because Logic uses interlaced wave files -- just about every DAW uses them, but displays the channels separately.

I don't have Logic X, so I can't post a picture, but if you look at the advertising you can see examples. I was told about it in reply to a post on the Apple community forum.

Upvote 0
It's correct that now in Logic X, Logic displays both sides of a stereo waveform when a stereo audio file is placed in the Tracks Area. It's got nothing to do with it being interleaved or not.

Here is a screen shot of a mono audio file and a stereo audio file on the track beneath it. A picture is worth a thousand words:D This is what it looks like now in Logic X:

Attachments

• Stereo file.jpg
    Stereo file.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 145
Upvote 0
Back